Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » your girlfriend-Whould you want her to shave down there?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: your girlfriend-Whould you want her to shave down there?
rainbowgirl55
Neophyte
Member # 14058

Icon 5 posted      Profile for rainbowgirl55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK ME AND MY BESTFRIENDS GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT ABOUT OUR GIRLFRIENDS AND WHAT WE PREFER. WELL ONE OF MY FRIENDS SAID SHE DOESN'T CARE IF HER GIRLFRIEND HAS IT SHAVED DOWN THERE, AND MY OTHER FRIEND SAID IT DEPENDS ON HOW THE OTHER PERSON FELLS ABOUT SHAVING DOWN THERE, AND I SAID WELL PERSONALLY I WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH IT SHAVED. SO WHAT DO YOU SAY. I REALLY NEED SOME HELP.

------------------
ItZ gReAt To Be GaY !!!

Posts: 2 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please unlock your caps. It's interpreted as yelling.

Truthfully, I find this post sad. In my experience over the last 20 years, it's mostly straight girls who get all up in knots about silly things like pubic hair, often from actual or perceived pressure from straight men or mainstream media. What a bummer to see that come into dyke circles, when overall, dyke culture has always tended to be really body-accepting and positive when it comes to women.

If you have a preference about your partners pubic hair, that's fine. But no one NEEDS to shave. Public hair doesn't get in the way of any sexual activities, and bodies are just fine as they are, or with what the owner of a given body wants to do with it for themselves.

We're not going tto entertain polls about pubic hairstyles in any section of Scarleteen. It's a waste of our bandwidth, doesn't serve any real purpose, and to boot, I find it all pretty body-negative, unless you want to talk about what you want to do with your OWN body and body hair (even then, it seems like there are aa lot more interesting things to discuss).

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.