Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » just joking?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just joking?
chipmunk
Neophyte
Member # 13185

Icon 5 posted      Profile for chipmunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, so there's this girl in my class that I joke flirt with all the time. I walk into class like "hey pretty lady how's it goin?" and she says somethin like "pretty good, gorgeous, how you doin?" it's like that everyday. she even comes up and hugs me sometimes (she's so cute) anyway, i'm pretty sure she's interested in girls and me atleast a little, and i'm deffinently interested in her. i just need to let her know i'm serious, and of course, i don't have a clue how. we're already friends but i only hang out with her in the classes i have with her. i want to ask her to go do something but not to seem like it's a date. it's so confusing!!

chippy

------------------
if you didn't already know, you're not very perceptive

Posts: 5 | From: oak harbor/wa/usa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Communication and honest are going to be the keys, sweetie. If you want your relationship with this girl to go any further than it already has, then you're going to have put yourself out on the line, so to speak. It comes down to whether or not you want to put yourself on the line. Think about it carefully, and then, if you do decide to go ahead with it, be open, and honest.

Good luck.

------------------
Tim, as in "Whoa, Dude."
Scarleteen Advocate

My hormones don't rage. Oh sure, they get mad sometimes, but then they just stop speaking to each other. -- Daria.

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gah. It seems like it's harder with girls and this type of thing, because it's more common for us to joke around with our friends, tell them how cute they look, call each other silly names - it makes it even more confusing when you've got a crush, doesn't it? It does with me, anyway -

I'd say, try to get to know this girl a little better. Find something for the two of you to do that both of you would like, go see a movie together, have coffee, just something friendly that any two friends would do together. You want to be friends with her anyway, right? I'd be a good idea to work on that before worrying about the romantic stuff. Then, she may either volunteer whether she's interested in you, too, or you can feel comfortable enough to tell her how you feel about her.

(I feel like I'm so bad at giving relationship advice. I hope that helped a little, at least - that's how I'd do it, anyway.)

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Take a little time for sunshine/Take a whole lot of time for love/...Take your life as it may come, 'cause boy, it'll be gone soon/Take a little time for howlin' at the moon..." - Sam Bush, "Howlin' at the Moon"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fly_little_wing
Activist
Member # 8684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fly_little_wing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lemming:
Gah. It seems like it's harder with girls and this type of thing, because it's more common for us to joke around with our friends, tell them how cute they look, call each other silly names - it makes it even more confusing when you've got a crush, doesn't it? It does with me, anyway -

I'd say, try to get to know this girl a little better. Find something for the two of you to do that both of you would like, go see a movie together, have coffee, just something friendly that any two friends would do together. You want to be friends with her anyway, right? I'd be a good idea to work on that before worrying about the romantic stuff. Then, she may either volunteer whether she's interested in you, too, or you can feel comfortable enough to tell her how you feel about her.

(I feel like I'm so bad at giving relationship advice. I hope that helped a little, at least - that's how I'd do it, anyway.)

You said it perfectly!

------------------
And now she's walking through the clouds with a circus mind that's running wild. ~ Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairytales. ~ All she ever thinks about is riding with the wind. ~ When I'm sad she comes to me. ~ With a thousand smiles she gives to me, free. ~ 'It's alright, it's alright' she says. 'Take anything you want from me. Anything.'

Posts: 41 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chipmunk
Neophyte
Member # 13185

Icon 10 posted      Profile for chipmunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks, i should have known all that stuff, but i guess, when you like someone it messes with your head. yeah i joke flirt with a lot of my friends, but that's what they are, friends. on the bright side, after hangin with her a little more i found out she goes out drinkin and stuff sometimes (which i'm really against) she's not really my type i guess. oh and on the even brighter side, i got a very interesting note from a female friend of mine in my year book. yeah

thanks for the help you guys it means a lot

------------------
if you didn't already know, you're not very perceptive

Posts: 5 | From: oak harbor/wa/usa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.