Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » what should i do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what should i do
goodcharlotte14
Neophyte
Member # 13010

Icon 5 posted      Profile for goodcharlotte14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See i have a problem. I've been wondering about my sexuality for about a year now.
and one day it all went wrong,,this is what happened.

one day at school my best friend said that she was a lesbeian. then i talked to her about me. so i said that i was bi. but for real,, i had no clue. so me and her started to go out. every one thought we were freaks and we didnt really care. know i love her. i would do any thing for her. but a couple days ago some one made fun of me. now im qustioning how i feel. and i dont want to hurt her.i love her. should i call it off?
or should i ceep it?
please help me

------------------
kittie

Posts: 1 | From: Lockport,New York,USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many people take a good long time to sort out their sexual identity. Some go for years thinging they're hetero, then start to realize they may have bisexual inclinations. Or some bisexual people can eventually start to realize that they're actually only homosexual. It runs the whole gamut.

If you think you are bi, then so be it. If you love your girlfriend, then that's fine. But remember, it's not always easy being in a relationship. Many gay people in relationships find themselves the target of hate and discrimination. Many people in interracial relationships find themselves the target of racist persecution. The point is, lots of people are persecuted because there are ignorant and intolerant folks in the world. The question is, are you ready to deal with that? If you are not emotionally strong enough to deal with the haters, then you aren't going to be ready to have the sort of relationship you are in right now. You can talk about this to your friend and decide wether or not it is right for you to continue this relationship.

------------------
May suffering and pestilence befall the %$@! who broke into my car.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i'macutie52
Neophyte
Member # 12425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for i'macutie52     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey i think that you are lucky that you have found a girl you love. i know how it feels to question your sexually feelings. no one likes to be made fun of but if your love her i am sure it is worth a little teasing or alot. i think you know how you feel really but it sucks people around you have to be dumb. best of luck to you!!
ashley

Posts: 12 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
omnigrrrl
Neophyte
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for omnigrrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly how you feel. My best friend in the entire world came out to me as a lesbian (I was the first person that she told) and she informed me that she had a crush on me. I believe that I love people, and could emotionally/physically/mentally fall in love with someone, regardless of their sexuality or orientation. Needless to say, 6 months after she came out, we started going out. She is the love of my life. Kittie, if you think that you love this girl, then stick with it. Anything that you have to deal with together may actually strengthen your relationship.

Side note: Kissing Jessica Stein is a wonderful movie and you should see it if you can. It actually helped me come to the conclusion that I did want to start dating my girlfriend.

Posts: 4 | From: Naperville, IL, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.