Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » good, bad or evil

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: good, bad or evil
roziline
Activist
Member # 11078

Icon 5 posted      Profile for roziline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't posted in a while, but i do look at the forum and see whats new quite a bit. So i'm still alive incase you were wondering.

Ok, so here is the situation. I have already told you guys about the girl i met, who i adore and would do anything for. She knows i like her alot (she doesn't think i love her) and she is straight so nothing can come of it all. Anyway, I met a girl who is herself bi. We've started going out. I asked her yesterday.

I have a couple of reasons for going out wth her.
- To get over the girl i was talking about
- To experience what a relationship is like with another girl
- I like her (not strongly, i wouldn't have noticed if she was straight)

My brother said i might grow to like her over time more than i do now. Anyway question time guys.

Is my going out with this girl wrong? because my main reason is to get over the other girl. And am i using her? because in theory i am using her to get over somebody else.

i just read through this... i sound rather shallow

------------------
Isn't it ironic. Don't you think?

Posts: 68 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you already know that going out with her would essentially be using her, roz.

Certainly if the impetus is to "get over someone else." Not only does that not work, it's just not a nice thing to do to anyone.

As well, what a relationship "is like with another girl," is going to vary depending on EACH girl. A relationships with this girl is going to prepare or inform you no more for relationships with other women than a relationship with any random boy would.

If you want a very casual relationship right now, for the reasons above, despite the fact that they're pretty dicey, I'd say this: can you tell this girl all of these things right out comfortably ("I don't like you ALL that much, I really want to get over someone else, and I'm curious about dating girls and figured I'd start with you simply because you're available to me,")? Do you think she'd still want to date knowing all of that? Could you even tell her all of that?

If not, you've got your answer right there.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.