Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Dunno what to do..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dunno what to do..
drums4mylife
Neophyte
Member # 10689

Icon 9 posted      Profile for drums4mylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all...ok well here goes: I just started at a new school. It's all girls and religious (Christian). Naturally, any of your who have had the experience know that rumours fly around that kind of environment at light speed. Well, this rumour is about a girl who I really really like. I mean really. People who are pretty trustworthy by me (I knew a lot of people from the new school before I transferred) have told me that "Erica" is a lesbian. This, of course, would excite me, but I am not out to anyone at this school. I guess what I'm asking for is advice on how to...make a move? (if at all) I don't know, any kind of advice would help. thanks ~alex
Posts: 16 | From: DC Area | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bear in mind that even if the person you like is lesbian she:

a) may or may not be available, and
b) may or may not have interest in you, personally.

If you're worried about being out at school, it's worth realizing that if you;re dating another student, you're going to be outed awfully fast. Just bear it in mind if it's a concern.

Otherwise? You approach her like you'd approach anyone you're interested in getting to know. Introduce yourself, start a conversation, see if she'd like to go grab a cup of tea or see a movie sometime.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roziline
Activist
Member # 11078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roziline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Miz Scarlet. Just get to know her. Start a conversation. Don't go in expecting a relationship. Aim for friendship. See what she is into. Spend time with her. most of all don't rush things.

------------------
Rosie
the girl dreams are made of =)

Posts: 68 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slayergurlie149
Neophyte
Member # 12218

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Slayergurlie149     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I understand what you mean. I go to an all girls' school too, so when I was on the bus once, or well lots of times guys and girls from the public school ask me if it is true that lots of the girls at our school are lesbians or bisexuals. Well, I tell them that I AM, but at the same time I tell them that I do not know about the other girls at my school. But move slowly become this girl's friend. Talk to her. See what she really is like and then move on from there.

------------------
Keep up what you think is right even if you are looked at. Heck you live a little feel much.

Posts: 4 | From: Glendale, CA, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nappyafrochik
Neophyte
Member # 11950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nappyafrochik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
omigodjumpherbones!! no for real, if you don't care what peopel think about you, just get real close to her until you find out the truth, and if she really is, then put it on her.

------------------
--->O_o<---

Posts: 20 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Issy
Neophyte
Member # 11515

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Issy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heya, sorry! I posted in the wrong spot and now am unable to delete it. :P

[This message has been edited by Issy (edited 05-05-2003).]

Posts: 10 | From: Edmonton, AB CANADA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.