Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Best Friend - or more

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Friend - or more
NormalDancinGuy
Neophyte
Member # 9262

Icon 9 posted      Profile for NormalDancinGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok well i guess im writing this because im thinking that a few of my friends might bi or gay, (by the way im bi{male) we flirt alot but its kind of a joke but sometimes it gets alittle more than a joke and it turns me on because im attracted to my friend but i dont want to loose his friendship by telling him im bi but if it could be anything more than a friendship then i would want it to be- what do you think i should do?

------------------
Everyone Dies- But not everybody truely lives

Posts: 10 | From: Saint Louis | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this article may help out.

http://www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/out.html

i'd just tell him about your orientation first, see how he takes it. then, if things go well, ask him about being more than friends.

good luck.

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NormalDancinGuy
Neophyte
Member # 9262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NormalDancinGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok - thanks alot - ill have to do that , but im thinkin that it is harder than i thought but ill still do it- thanyou very much

------------------
Everyone Dies- But not everybody truely lives

Posts: 10 | From: Saint Louis | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no problem! always willing. good luck!

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with the response but I want to add . . .

Be careful and take it slow. He could be devastated or he could be homophobic. It's hard to know who accepts you and who won't.

I just know how hard it is tell someone your sexuality and then tell them you are interested in them.

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to add (since I accidentally sent 2 of the same posts) -- feel free use the resources avaialable to the GLBT community. That's a network that could help you with this matter and others.

[This message has been edited by mnsouthpawjr (edited 08-07-2002).]

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellabee
Neophyte
Member # 9419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally support you. The relationship that can grow between friends is amazing. I have been in almost the same position before, so i just want to let you know something i didnt. If all goes well when you tell your friend about your feelings then immediately sit down and talk to him about whats going to happen. and i mean discuss it. Talk about whats going to change, the possibility of a breakup and the pros and cons of getting involved. I being so excited by bestfriend felt the same way ignored my instinct to do so initially and again when an older friend told us to do the same. It's scary to talk about it but it sucks even worse having the greatest week of your life and a shattered friendship.
i didnt want to sound discouraging just think it through...with your friend before you make the leap

good luck

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.