Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » I love my mommies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I love my mommies
SouthernBelle
Neophyte
Member # 8498

Icon 3 posted      Profile for SouthernBelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok,i have no ACTUAL problem, i just mainly want to know that someone out there knows what i'm talking about and that all of this is not in my head!
about 7 years ago, my parents were seperated and my mom moved in with another woman. then about 4 years ago it hit me that my mom was gay. i personally have no problem with it, i love my mom with everything i have, and my other mom is pretty cool too. the problem comes in when other people find out. now, i live in a very religious part of the south, where if you aren't the "norm" then you are outcast. fine with me... but recently i overheard several people in one of my classes say that they believe i'm (quote) "an anti-straight (profanity) just trying to convert people for that weird gay religion" No Joke!!! so maybe it's just me, but i didn't think that having a gay mom made you all of that! because my mother brought me up with the abilty to think outside the box doesn't mean that i'm converting people!!! personally i would never change either of my mommys, they are both the sweetest women i have ever known and it is a blessing from God that i am able to live and grow with them in my lives. (deep breath) so in conclusion... i just want to know that someone else out there sees what i'm saying. because i have 2 mommies doesn't mean that i'm different, it means i have more chances to see other worlds.

------------------
"Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of someone else" -- Judy Garland

Posts: 3 | From: Mississippi, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 14 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're certainly not going to find a lot of arguement here at Scarleteen; we're definitely a GLBT friendly site. In fact we have another thread you may with to contribute to right here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/000164.html
Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackRoseFaery
Activist
Member # 7365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackRoseFaery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live in the South too, so I can understand the thing about people being more conservative.
Anyways, a girl used to ride my bus awhile back, and I overheard her talking to some guys. She said she lived with her two moms. But when people would come over, they would tell her "how normal" her house looked. She asked what did they think her house would look like? Did they think there would be dildos everywhere or something.
I think the thing is that some people don't get is that a family is a family whether there's a two moms, two dads, or one of each. And it's just that GLBT stuff is not something they're used to, so they label it as "weird."
Well I hope that made some sense.

------------------
Some days the line I walk, turns out to be straight.Other days the line tends to deviate. - Ani DiFranco

Posts: 88 | From: Hixson, TN, US | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.