Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Love or Euphoria?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love or Euphoria?
KittenKisses
Neophyte
Member # 7980

Icon 5 posted      Profile for KittenKisses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all! So, I'm sure this is everybody's question and the truth is, and I know this, there's no real answer, but I'm hoping that you guys will(again) be able to offer a few words of advice and comments.
So, how can I tell the difference between real, honest love and that wonderful but tideous euphoria?
It's not like it'll make a difference but I'm one of those people who NEEDS to analyze everything, I just can't help it. I don't like being out of control you could say. (I'm also a Virgo too,
I am in a relationship, as others may have read about me in other posts. I've been with my current girlfriend for close to a year now. That seems very brief, even to me, but I've never been this close, or felt this safe with anybody. I trust her with everything and I recognize that we're not perfect and we do fight every now and then (whereas when we first began, I denied every little problem to avoid losing her)But we both honestly believe that we truly click and that we could make each other happy. We've considered the ups and downs and we're looking at it logically too. Everybody's probably said that too, but if anybody's got any little tidbits on the differences, if it's possible to name any, please do. And what are some signs that this euphoria is dying off?
Once again I'm sorry if it's vague, I tend to do that, but your comments would be great! Thank-you!

Posts: 11 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earth girl
Neophyte
Member # 7759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earth girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, well if you ask me, you ARE analysing too much!

Read your post back to yourself - you've considered your relationship with your girlfriend and come to the conclusion that, guess what? You're happy! Doesn't sound like euphoria to me, just a healthy relationship.

If you ask me, a year's a long enough time to dismiss everything as not "real" and merely euphoria. And anyway, isn't love about euphoria a lot of the time? The times when you look at that person and think you're the luckiest person in the world?

I think you're being a little pessimistic (and this is coming from a pessimist!) when you say you want to be able to look for the signs that your love is dying off. Live for the present. Maybe, as you say, you like control and you don't like reliquishing that control to your girlfriend. Love IS scary when you think to yourself, "That person has power over me, to make me happy / unhappy." It certainly worries a control freak like me sometimes. But you learn to let it go and enjoy what you have...

Posts: 36 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.