Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » just a question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just a question
CubanBoobiGIRL
Neophyte
Member # 7587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CubanBoobiGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it normal for a stright female to be turned on when she see's a naked women or female parts? or does it mean she's lesbian.
p.s i come from a school full of lesbians and alot of girls hit on me but i never find myself with one although i have thought about it.

Posts: 23 | From: melb,fl,U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, doesn't mean you're a lesbian. You're the only one who can assign an identity to yourself--whether it's lesbian, straight, bisexual, whatever.

We have some articles on this subject: http://scarleteen.com/gaydar/adv_confused.html http://scarleteen.com/gaydar/adv_ami.html

------------------
Ash
Scarleteen Advocate
"The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted"--Aesop

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noob88
Activist
Member # 7723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noob88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think about as if you are the one to decide, its not a question you really have to ask because nohing in particular specifically means your a lesbian, just what you feel.

------------------
If you find you love someone more than you love yourself, I hope that person feels the same way.

"We may be through with the past but the past aint through with us"

"As far as I am concerned humans have not come up with a belief that is worth believing"

Posts: 104 | From: Tiburon, Ca | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArielSRose
Neophyte
Member # 7859

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ArielSRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cuban: Set your mind at ease. It's a question a lot of us have had.

A lot of straight men and women are able to appreciate the beauty of their own sex. Many straight women in particular, recognize a special sensual gracefulness God gave women, and can even be turned on by looking at our OWN bodies.

In my Jr. high years, it was easier for me to relate to other girls on an emotional level. I think because our sexual responses are connected to our interpersonal emotions, it colored my early sexual urges. This was my case early on, but changed over time, as I matured and came to understand and appreciate the odd way most guys are wired.

You could also be bisexual. Don't conclude that you are gay-- unless you never develop any attraction whatsoever to boys. And don't presume that you have to be locked in to any one orientation for your whole life. People grow and change. I've seen this happen in myself and in friends.

[This message has been edited by ArielSRose (edited 11-03-2004).]

Posts: 5 | From: Bard, CA USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TopGirl
Neophyte
Member # 4008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently saw a program where a woman whose work is based on female sexual orientation, conducted an experiment.

She took 100 straight women and 100 gay women and showed each volunteer a film of two women together and then a man and a women together. Using some kind of device she was able to measure the womens sexual responses.

She concluded that there was not a huge amount of difference to the womens reactions of either film whether they were gay or straight. In fact most women in the experiment appeared to be more turned on by the two women rather than the straight couple.

She concluded that female sexuality is determined by many factors not just becoming turned on by a naked woman.

Hope this has helped.

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clueless~Girl
Activist
Member # 4822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clueless~Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll keep this short and sweet...

Just go with the flow. Whoever you're turned on by, just accept it. If you wouldn't actually want to be with those people ina a relationship way, fine, and if so, fine. And foremost, don't worry about trying to place yourself into one of the sexuality categories. It'll save a lot of frustration

Posts: 56 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note: one can be homosexual or identify as such and still have some attraction to the opposite sex. Very few people are KInsey 0's or 6's, and thus have NO sexual attraction to either the same sex or the opposite sex whatsoever.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.