Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » need advice about possibly straight guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need advice about possibly straight guy
antonio
Neophyte
Member # 7023

Icon 11 posted      Profile for antonio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody, I am in need of advice.

First a little background...

I am a twenty year old bi guy (I know this forum is for "teens" but please cut me some slack, I still feel like a teen and I'm certainly no adult). I am extremely attracted to my best friend, another twenty year old guy. He knows that I'm bi and he's fine with it... he said he suspected it before I told him and I'm sure that's true.

Anyway, a few months ago I told him how I feel about him and it made him a little nervous... it didn't damage our friendship but I think he wants to proceed like I never brought it up. I intended to respect his wishes but something else happened to complicate everything.

One morning after I had stayed at his place, I was still drunk from the night before and as we laid on his bed I touched him. He was aroused and it culminated in me performing oral sex on him, but I had to stop before he finished because otherwise we would have been caught.

Now, he responded actively but I don't know if he ever opened his eyes... Afterwards, he has made absolutely no mention of it and it apparent that he either wants to pretend like he was asleep, or that he really was asleep. I really think he is pretending but I'm not sure.

I need to know, though, because I'm driving myself crazy! I need to ask him somehow... but if he was asleep I don't want to offend him. He might not even know it happened and he might get upset. Likewise if it is important to him to maintain the facade that he was asleep.

What would be the best way to find out what his reaction was, but without making him upset if he doesn't want to talk about it?
I am embarrassed to bring it up because I don't think I know what to say.

I want him but I don't want to lose a good friend... Any advice, comments, questions, are most welcome.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you did could be considered rape. It doesn't matter that he knows you're bi and attracted to him. Perhaps he was "responding actively" in a physical way, but it's possible to get aroused in your sleep, and you never got consent from him...

It's up to you what you want to do. Maybe he's unaware of what happened, or maybe he doesn't want to talk about it. Either apologize, or keep quiet-- if you can live with your mistake.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.