Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Sadie on my mind

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sadie on my mind
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone. For those of you who don't know, I'm a lesbian. That might help before you read this post

I've liked this girl in my class for quite some time now, and I think I'm ready to tell her my feelings. We'll call this girl Sadie. Sadie and I have known each other since this past summer, and I have liked her ever since the day we met.

(I posted about another girl that I liked, Whitney, for any of you that read that. The crush didn't really go anywhere.. Just came and went. Just wanted to let you know )

Any-hoo, Sadie and I have become friends, and we're in the same ceramics class. We're not "good" friends, but we talk a lot and have done things together. She came up to me one day and said that she had a friend (a guy) that she thought I should go on a blind date with for some dance or something. I told her that I'm gay, and she was totally fine with it. So now I know she's no homophobic or anything.

Everytime I'm with her Sadie I get butteflies. She's so nice and beautiful and sweet and shy and funny. I love to be around her I just want to tell her how I feel. I know that things could totally backfire, and I'd be left with nothing, but I'd regret not ever having tried. I'm going to tell her tomorrow (if she's there, of course) how I feel and see if perhaps the feeling's mutual. Even if they're not, I still want her to know how I feel about her. I'm really nervous! Ack!

I will keep you guys updated, ok? Wish me luck!

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh good luck! And gurl you have a lot of courage too do that. Sometimes I think I'd rather not know than risk asking. If Sadie is as cool as you make her out to be I don't think you'd lose it all (even if she's straight or not interested). if it's not uncomfortable for you guys to be around each other then you can still be friends Let us know what happens!

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gd luck hon. I know this is kinda late.

And yes, let us busybodies know what happens. lol

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mia
Neophyte
Member # 2403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crushes are so much fun... even if they don't go anywhere, they make life exciting.

It's great that you know she's okay with gayness. I guess it would be terrible to have a same sex crush and then find out the object of your affection was a homophobe. *shudder*

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your support, guys Sadie wasn't at school on Friday, and I didn't have the guts to do it today (Monday), but I am definately planning to do it tomorrow! I'm so nervous! I just need to get it over with. Ok, so right when I get home, I'll tell you guys what happened. Wish me luck!
Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Hey, all! I TOLD HER! WOO-HOO! I'm so happy that I did it, and it's all over and done. I pulled her aside in class, and I said, "Sadie, I want to tell you something. I'm really attracted to you, and I have feelings for you. You're so sweet and nice, and I just wanted you to know that. I've felt that way for a long time, and I just want to be honest with you.

She was extremely nice about it. She said that she was flattered that I feel that way about her, but that the feelings aren't mutual. She gave me a hug and told me that I was brave for coming up to her and telling her how I felt.

"It took a lot of guts!" I said... We laughed

So we're perfectly cool still, and I feel 100% better now that I've told her. It seemed to bring us closer as friends. And I'd be lying if I said that I'm not disappointed that she doesn't feel the same way, but I guess I wasn't expecting her to come out and say, "Oh, Mary (even though that isn't my real name), I feel the same way too!" Kiss kiss kiss, smooch smooch smooch.

Sadie and I are doing an art contest together, so we'll get to be with each other a lot. We have to practice throwing on the wheel and all this other stuff for the competition, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm just so happy she's not freaked out about me telling her how I feel

So that's what happened! And I still have feelings for her, but I'm just glad we're still friends, you know? Anyway, thanks for all your support! It really helped me go through with telling her.

Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow, congrats mary! (even if that isn't your real name ) I'm glad she took it well, and now you have a new awesome friend.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool, chica. Brava for you for being brave, brava for her for taking it well and both of you for dealing with it well, and good luck on that art contest!

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Thanks for your suport and congratulations, guys . It means a lot to me!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.