Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Serious question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Serious question...
KyureeusChk
Neophyte
Member # 1159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyureeusChk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone. I'm really scared right now, and there's no one I can go to in my family because no one knows that I'm bisexual. About 2 months ago my girlfriend had her yearly checkup with her gyno. Her doctor noticed that something didn't look right in her cervix, and she had some tests run on her. About 3 weeks later, they told her that she had chlamydia. I guess you see now why I'm scared! I only went down on her one time, but something told me that I shouldn't be doing that, so I stopped about 30 seconds into it, if even that long. I don't think she had time to ejactulate. She asked why I stopped so soon, and I just told her that I had a bad feeling about it. I'm really glad that the female 6th sense kicked in. Do you guys think that there is a possibility that I could be infected even though she didn't get off? I'm scared to talk to anyone about this, and I really don't know what to do to find out if I am infected without letting anyone know what's going on. Please give me some comforting advice...if it's possible.
Posts: 5 | From: Childersburg, AL USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DuCkiE
Neophyte
Member # 2253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DuCkiE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So did you go down on her after her exam but before they told her the results? That's way scary... there is a chance that you could have gotten it even if she didn't cum. I'm not a complete expert on this, but I know a little. My brother got chlamydia from a hooker and he gave it to his girlfriend. They got some medication for it and it's all cleared up now. How old are you? If you have it, what you can do is tell you girlfriend to get some of the same medicine that she's taking for it. When my bro's girlfriend went to get medication for it, she asked if she could get some for her boyfriend cuz she knew he had it too. So maybe your girlfriends doctor would let her get some for you. I'm not sure though! Do your parents know you're sexually active? You should atleast let them know you're active, whether you wanna tell them it's with a girl or not is your choice. You need to get checked out too, and your parents have every right to know about your health. And your future partners should know too. So just get check out, and if you have it, you take medicine and it all goes away. If your mom asks, just tell her every girl has to go to a gyno sometime!

------------------
-Hey you don't be silly! Put a rubber on that willy!-

Posts: 8 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never felt I had an obligation to tell either of my parents anything about my sexuality. They don't have a right to know, but I will sometimes talk to my mother about some issues because I feel safe in doing so. Not all parents are very comfortable with the idea that they're kids might me anything but straight, and a lot aren't comfortable with the idea of their kids having sex, either. In some cases, telling might actually make things worse, though I hate having to say that. It's just that not everyone's necessarily very accepting of things that might be okay to you. Hon, your obligations are to yourself, your health, and your girlfriend, in approximately that order. So please, for peace of mind and sanctity of body, get checked out. Chlamydia is cureable.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, folks: ejaculation is not required for someone to transmit chlamydia, particularly where female-to-female transmission is concerned. Female ejaculation is not all that common, for one thing. I suspect that by "ejaculate" you may mean "orgasm." Orgasm also has nothing to do with whether or not a disease organism can be transmitted, particularly in woman-on-woman sex.

Women, when they are aroused, experience a greater level of vaginal lubrication than they do normally. This lubrication can transmit sexually transmitted diseases. So can the vaginal fluids that are there normally, even when a woman is not aroused. So there is ALWAYS a chance that the normally occuring fluids in a woman's vagina and on her vulva tissues may be infectious.

Using a dental dam or other barrier (like a piece of plastic wrap) for oral sex on women is an excellent idea. If the woman's vaginal fluids don't get on or in your mouth, you can't catch any diseases she might have.

And yes, go to a doctor... even a regular normal doctor can screen you for chlamydia. Tell him/her you were fooling around with a friend who has been diagnosed with it and that you are worried. I guarantee you they'll be happy to test you.

Chlamydia is EASY to treat, so don't put it off. Just go get it dealt with. And while you're here, go to www.scarleteen.com/pink and read up on more STD info and safer sex info, okay?

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.