Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Am i bi? Gay?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am i bi? Gay?
Freddy
Neophyte
Member # 1512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im a teen boy and well... ive been called gay for my whole life because i hung around with mostly girls. Ive always loved girls very much and mastubated to them all the time. But recently i was accused of being gay and it kinda sunk in. So for the last couple weens it has been imposible for me to climax without thinking about men. Does this happen to alot of people??? Am i really bi and trying to get out?? am i gay??

------------------
Fredrico'

Posts: 5 | From: CA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, we can't tell you if you're bi or gay or whatever. We really can't.

It sounds like you have attractions to both men and women. That's normal, actually. Lots of people do. Whether you will ultimately feel like your same-sex attractions are stronger, or your opposite-sex attractions are stronger, or whether they end up being about the same, is something only time will tell.

You don't HAVE to label yourself. Just be honest with yourself, accept the attractions you have, and see how you feel down the road. In the meantime, go to our "Gaydar" section and do some reading. It might help you learn a bit about sexual orientation in general, and help you feel a little better about feeling kind of confused right now.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is what I wrote to a girl who was asking about it...I took the liberty of copying it and changing the pronouns for ya!

Darling you are whatever you want to be. If you feel that you're bi then call yourself bi, if you're "straight but not narrow" or "opensexual" than be that. Do you like them girls in JUST a sisterly way? Do you like a lot of guys in a very sexual way? Do you like both in a sexual way?
Just think about these questions, you can answer them for us if you like, but remember you are whatever you want to be.

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doozed
Neophyte
Member # 1715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doozed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to find that out yourself

But just cuz you hang with all girls doesn't mean anything my one guy friends has a lot of girls freinds but he isn't gay so !
It all depends on you

Posts: 21 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't tell you if you're gay or not- you might have to figure it out on your own. But what I can tell you is that you are not necessarily gay or bi just because you hang out with girls, or even just because you may think about guys in a sexual situation. The mind does strange things sometimes- maybe that was just an accident or maybe you just decided to try something new. Try to figure it out by yourself. You said that you have liked girls your whole life, so maybe you are straight. Or maybe you really are interested in guys and you are bi or gay. Either way, i hope you figure it out.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
"We have to pause and ask ourselves: how much clean air do we need?"~ Lee Iococca
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's important to mention here that what arouses someone really isn't ever properly classified as an "accident." It just doesn't work that way.

However, the important point, which Hanne explained, was that what arouses someone -- whether it does so once or fifty times -- doesn't neccessarily have anything to do with sexual identity. We cannot ascribe an identity to someone by their sexual imaginative life.

What we can do is look at your sexual imaginative life, as well as the reality of our sexual lives and experiences, and over time, carve out an identity that we feel comfortable with, and that is never something written in stone.

Ultimately, the best identity for us is the one we feel the most comfortable with -- and since there isn't a licensing comittee for sexual idenities, the one we come up with and feel that we are IS the one which we are.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.