Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Coming out.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coming out.
mentalxashtray
Activist
Member # 416

Icon 11 posted      Profile for mentalxashtray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just got out of middle school, going into a much more diverse high school. i want to come out, but i know a lot of my friends would freak, mainly my guy friends.

i tried coming out to three of my guy friends this past year. one (who i'm not too good friends with) was freaking out, another didn't care, and the last thought it was awesome (typical guy). i told them i was kidding, and they were like "oh, okay." i don't know what to do. i haven't told my parents, but my sister and a lot of my friends know. some are uncomfortable, but deal with it.

i don't care what people think of me. but i get harassed a lot for other things, and i really don't need more to be added. i don't find bisexuality/homosexuality to be bad, but people can be idiots.

considering i'm already the weird reak of my school, i get bullied a lot. i lost a lot of friends. and i just don't need it to happen again.

Posts: 62 | From: Here. I assume.. that you're there. | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mentalxashtray
Activist
Member # 416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mentalxashtray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my sister is sixteen, and extrememly supportive.

i would join a program, but unfortunately, i don't beleive there is one around here.

people already try to save my soul. and i already deal with homophobics, because i'm a known gay-supporter around school.

i have no clue what to do, or how to go about coming out, either. the most i've done is told my friends i trust them and told them i'm bi.

Posts: 62 | From: Here. I assume.. that you're there. | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mentalxashtray
Activist
Member # 416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mentalxashtray     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just noticed you lived in Arlington.

I live very close to you. Another division on North VA's lovely suburbia. Maybe if I checked around I could find a good group.

I give you huge congrats on your site being chosen. That actually seems like a good way to come out, because you don't have to do the telling. That's the hard part.

Anyway, I suppose I'll end up joining a group. I can come out.. however. I guess I'll just tell someone if they ask or something. Or if it comes up.

------------------
"So what do we do now?"
"We go forward."
"Together?"
"Always."

Gaby
Neophyte
Member # 246

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know coming out is a hard thing to do. I just recently started coming out to some close friends. Ones that wouldn't care what I was, cuz they already knew who I was. So far, everyone I've told has been really supportive, and here's the big surprise: when i told my best friend that i was, i also told her that i had somewhat of a crush on her, and she said that she had one on me too! What i'm trying to say is, when you are ready to come out, tell people who you know you can trust. And who knows, you might end up getting a surprise like mine! But don't rush it though! that's never a good idea cuz if you do come out, and you tell the wrong people, it can have consequences, so you have to be prepared to face them. Above all, never think less of yourself no matter what others say! everyone's special in their own way. Good luck!
Posts: 9 | From: Albuquerque, NM USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.