Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Did i scare her off?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did i scare her off?
Gaby
Neophyte
Member # 246

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Gaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my best friend have known eachother for almost 9 months and we've gotten really close. She doesn't know that I'm bi and recently I've felt like I needed her to know cuzi felt like i was being dishonest with her. But what made it way more difficult for me to tell her was that i am interested in her romantically. Sometimes it seems that she responds to my flirting, I mean c'mon! What friends give eachother compliments every single time they talk?!?
Well, I was gonna tell her about it yesterday and I started off my asking 'have you ever had romantic feelings towards someone that you really really really didn't wanna see that way?' and her response was yes. And then I asked her 'well what should we do about it' and I don't know if that question freaked her out or what, but she got bumped from online 'accidently'. i don't know if that was a scape goat to getting outta the conversation or what, but after a min. she signed back on and i totally avoided the subject.
I really don't know what to think oor do. Please help! And sorry it's so long =)

Posts: 9 | From: Albuquerque, NM USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never apologize for saying all you need to here.

I think the best thing right now, since it's awfully hard to guess what's going on in her head, is to give her some space for a couple days. After that, ring her up and go over, and say what you said here: that you're worried you scared her, and didn't want to do that, and that you're very confused about your feelings towards her and want to talk about them.

Posts: 67999 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaby
Neophyte
Member # 246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, well it's me again, and I just finished telling my best friend about me. I didn't get the courage to say the exact words, but i think she kinda gets the picture. So far she seems ok with it, so i'll have to wait tomorrow for a complete response.
Thanx for the advice

Posts: 9 | From: Albuquerque, NM USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, girl!

I am SO glad to hear it went okay.

Posts: 67999 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm bi, and I went through stuff like that too! Some girls will get totally turned off and homophobic, others will be really cool about it, and some will even respond to your offer! Just give yourself credit for having the courage to be honest about your sexuality. And if she doesn't respond, don't give up! Soon you'll find someone you like who will! Just keep trying. Remember... "Winners never quit, quitters never win".
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.