Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Can you help us?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you help us?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are a seasoned user of our boards -- you've been here a while, you love it here, you know how it all goes -- I'd love your help in getting our new board system set up and started before it goes live to everyone.

Basically, what I'll be asking is just for you to explore the new system and learn how to use it so you can help other users in passing, and for you to help get some new topics started since the new boards are totally empty.

Not requiring any specific number of hours, just for you to poke around with this for the same amount of time you'd generally spend on the boards.

If this sounds like something you'd like to help with, just leave me a reply here, make sure your current board account has the right email for you on it, and I'll email you with details! Thanks in advance!

We also are refining the peer moderator system with the new boards, so if that's something you're interested in -- that's not formal volunteering or any commitment of hours either, just being someone with a few extra powers other users don't have who is basically willing to be a peer user other users can easily identify as someone extra to ask for help when you're around -- be sure and let me know about that, too!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Heather, I'd love to be involved in this! I'm also interested in being a peer moderator.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! That would be fantastic. Will email you soon! Thanks so much! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(Actually, moonlight, can you drop an email to me via the "contact us" link below? We suspect the email addie we have for you via your board account isn't any good. Thanks!)

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

Anyone else?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

OhImpecuniousOne
Activist
Member # 110155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OhImpecuniousOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I count as seasoned, but I'd be happy to help any way I can. [Smile] I'd probably volunteer as a moderator too, but... I'm not sure how long or reliably I could keep it up at the moment, so maybe once life has settled down a bit.
Posts: 116 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Great! I've just sent you an email. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Heather
Member # 3

Anyone else want to help us test?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

soft_masc
Neophyte
Member # 108895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soft_masc         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I ask what qualifies as a seasoned user of the boards? Is it a matter of having made posts or just been around a long time?
Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraftyKid
Activist
Member # 95725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraftyKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to help out.

The e-mail that is attached to my account is correct. [Smile]

Posts: 65 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I haven't been active in a while but, with life settling down, this would actually be good timing for me to help out and I'd love to if you'd still like a few more volunteers.
Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

That would be great, you guys, will email today!

Soft-masc, you would certainly fit the bill if you are up for it, so just let me know, and I will email you, too!

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

soft_masc
Neophyte
Member # 108895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soft_masc         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely up for it!
Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.