Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Articles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Articles
flamingcharisma95
Neophyte
Member # 109047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingcharisma95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've read all your awesome articles and I'd like to thank you all, specially Heather for giving us such specific answers to our questions. They do help a lot, I've learned a lot from this website and to be honest is a blessing!

I have some doubts tho, I've read the following articles: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?; You are NOT pregnant, why do you think you are? and Pregnancy scared?

I made a question and I was told to read This Is Your Pregnancy Scare Answer but some articles kind of...contradict what the other articles say, for example in two of these articles I read that dry humping does not possess any pregnancy risk because two or only one partner is wearing clothing but in Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? I read that there might be a low risk if a partner is wearing a very thin garment that allows for some direct genital contact, like a thong, or there is accidental fluid contact....so my question is what is the real answer? because in other article says that dry humping does not possess any pregnancy risk because dry humping is rubbing your genitals together where one or more people involved have some kind of clothing on...it says ONE or MORE meaning that if I'm naked and my partner is not naked, there's no pregnancy risk then why in this other article says there might be a low risk if he's wearing a very thin garment that allows for some direct genital contact....I thought sperm couldn't swim through clothing...so yeah I'm very confused, which is the real answer?

Also, I made a similar question before and when I wanted to reply to that I couldn't because it said that the post was closed. :/

so yeah does it matter if I was naked but my boyfriend wasn't? can I get pregnant that way? I guess not because he wasn't wearing a very thin garment like a thong he was wearing jeans and underwear

P.S: I'm sorry for being a pain in the *** to you guys but I have nobody to talk to [Frown]

Posts: 38 | From: ecuador | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you see, in your second to last sentence here, that you make clear you're asking us about something that wasn't even relevant to you?

In other words, you are making clear that in this situation, your boyfriend was wearing jeans and underwear, not a very thin garment.

But here's the thing: if and when folks' clothes do start all coming off? That really is the time for a condom to go on. Both for your peace of mind, clearly, but also because if and when one person's pants are coming off and sexual activity is going on? Chances are mighty good you're at least doing something that poses risks of infections, so it's time for safer sex.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flamingcharisma95
Neophyte
Member # 109047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flamingcharisma95     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you're right I made my statement clear, I guess I was blinded by fear because I get a little paranoid ''oh but he had tight jeans on'' ''what if the jeans were very thin'' etc...you know, I'm sorry. [Frown] it doesn't matter, right? jeans aren't a thin garment of clothing like a thong right?

yeah I know but...he did that without permission because I said I was fine with oral sex but just oral sex and I think he got a little heated up and he put himself on top of me and started grinding and I was like WHAT NOOO GET OFF OF ME NOO and I stopped him, he apologized but that's the exact same reason why I don't like these things, he's impulsive.

Posts: 38 | From: ecuador | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, why are you staying with this person in this context if they are doing sexual things without asking you first?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flamingcharisma95
Neophyte
Member # 109047

I don't know...he's a good guy, don't get me wrong. He's been my best friend all my life, since we were little kids and we started going steady last year. What do you think I should do? He says I worry for things that neever happens because we do things that can't possibly cause pregnancy (My friends say the same thing too) and I don't know, any advice? I love him too much
Heather
Member # 3

None of this has anything to do with the fact that you seem to be saying he is not asking you for consent to things he is doing.

Because even with things where pregnancy is not a risk, someone should be asking someone else for consent before just doing sexual things to them. Period.

Why don't you read through this, and perhaps pass it on to him? Driver's Ed for the Sexual Superhighway: Navigating Consent

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

flamingcharisma95
Neophyte
Member # 109047

You're right, thank you Heather [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.