Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » New Articles: What Do You Want?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Articles: What Do You Want?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone. [Smile]

I keep a running list of articles I know we need to do based on what everyone here seems to express, or exhibit clear gaps in information.

Often that's a big list, but lately we have been making a lot of headway with it, so as of right now, the things we have we're starting or finishing work on are:
- Foreskin basics
- A guide to choices with unintended pregnancy
- A piece about when sex is just a bummer
- A chart to go through the sexual effects of alcohol and other recreational substances
- How to stand up for yourself

Besides those, does anyone here have anything they've looked for from us on the website and have not found? Any pieces you'd like to suggest? If so, please go ahead and weigh in!

We may even already have what you're looking for (in which case, we'll direct you to that), but it's not like it's a big deal if you suggest something we already have.

Thanks for any feedback or ideas!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraftyKid
Activist
Member # 95725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraftyKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really adding something here that you don't already have - but just some feedback: I love the "Self-Care A la Carte" article. I actually have it bookmarked on my browser for quick reference! Anything on how to deal with stress in a healthy way, learn to take a deep breath and just take care of yourself is something I would like to read more about.
Posts: 65 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about some kind of stressbusters series in the blog? Like, small pieces on things like how to do deep breathing, some yoga postures for stress relief, things we might be eating or drinking that can either increase stress or calm us down, etc?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CraftyKid
Activist
Member # 95725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraftyKid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be awesome! Yoga postures especially!
Posts: 65 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissBear
Neophyte
Member # 109601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissBear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love some more information related to kink or BDSM - something beyond just "is it okay to like this". Maybe some information about safety, or how to negotiate a sex life that includes those elements?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

This is great feedback you guys, thanks! All duly noted!

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

acb
Activist
Member # 108645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jacob mentioned something on a thread a while ago about a Shy Guy's Guide to Ethical Dating or something like that - I think that'd be great!
Posts: 49 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.