Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » So sorry (Heather away for a little bit)!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So sorry (Heather away for a little bit)!
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to the volunteers that have been here the last couple days, and apologies for me for being away more than the day and some off I try to take once a week or so.

I will probably still be away from the boards for another day or two. I have an elderly pet here in the process of what appears to be her last days, she's requiring constant care, and I'm also a bit useless to anyone else during all of this. I love the animals in my life like nobody's business, and seeing them suffering at all just wrecks me.

Again, my apologies, and I appreciate your patience, especially those of you who have been in one-on-one conversations with me and who are having to wait.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again for your patience, for the volunteers' help, and for the users helping one another out.

Yesterday, my cat took a fast turn for the worse, and we needed to euthanize her. For a bunch of reasons, including the obvious, it was very hard on my partner and myself, and even my little pug here, who basically thought the cat was its mother when it was small.

I'm going to take another day for myself while I'm still feeling so raw, because a me that is still a sniffling mess isn't of use to any of you.

Again, thanks for being patient. We're all lucky as always to have such an understanding and helpful community here.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bump on a log
Activist
Member # 60751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bump on a log     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I am allowed to post here. Just wanted to say I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. I've been through the same thing myself and I know it's rough. I'm sure you gave your cat a great time in life.
Posts: 170 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atonement
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atonement     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just stopping by you give you a virtual hug, and let you know I'm sorry to hear about your cat.

And, as bump on a log said, I'm sure you were an awesome "pet parent", and am sure she had a great life with you as her owner.

Take care!

Posts: 444 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather, my heart goes out to you. Hope you are doing all you can to help yourself transition to this new adjustment.

And sorry to make this about ME and the users, but by showing self-care towards yourself this way, you have shown me how to take care of myself better, esp during difficult times!!

You are AMAZING!!

[ 09-21-2011, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: breath ]

Posts: 357 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Thanks so much, all of you: really lovely for you to be so kind.

I'm making my way back into the daily grind today, and this was really nice to come here and see.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather,

Can I get someone to train me in help out with the text line, as you seems to be pretty busy? I talked to Stephanie and she said that if you agree, you can drop her a line and she would be happy to train me.

Thanks

[ 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

Posts: 357 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scozta
Neophyte
Member # 81091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scozta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather, so sorry for your loss, and I feel for you. Easier said than done of course, but I'm sure everyone would understand you taking the time you need! I haven't been here very long, but I bet you are a great pet parent as well, and Kitty loved you!

--------------------
"They say when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. Make it worth watching."

Posts: 8 | From: Montana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

An extra sorry in here for my being gone this weekend a bit longer than intended. What I'd aimed to do was to take Saturday and Sunday off like normal people. What wound up happening is that I got some kind of awful stomach illness Sunday night, and am now crawling back out of the sick zone this morning.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.