Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » To Miz S

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To Miz S
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this isn't the appropriate place to be, I apologize. I know that me and my husband aren't in the best place right now. I am staying with a friend while he is staying at the house, and he is leaving for Iraq in the next week. I haven't had any contact with him for the last week or so. I'm not trying to sound defensive or mean or anything but, just because I am having a lot of problems of my own right now doesn't mean that I should stop posting. Ok, now that may seem really mean but it's not. As soon as my husband leaves for Iraq I will be making the proper changes that need to be changed and get the hell out of this.

I love this site so much and I feel for a lot of these posters on so many levels that it hurts sometimes. I'm trying hard to give them my best advice (it may not be accurate some of the time) and help them through it.

I do sincerely appreciate all the advice that has been given to me, and I have put a lot of thought into it. I'm trying to do better. I've sold our animals, started packing what I have with me, and have made a few phone calls with housing.

My point is that I'm not going to let my personal life get in the way of my life on ST. I have been very grateful for all that you guys have done for me, really, I have. Pretty soon I am hoping that I can put it all behind me and try and start a new life. In the meantime.. is it still ok if I keep posting? I'd still like to be able to express my opinions....

[This message has been edited by BiLLaBaBy017 (edited 01-25-2006).]

Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amber_rose
Neophyte
Member # 27180

Icon 10 posted      Profile for amber_rose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ashley. How are you and the dogs doing?
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of COURSE it's fine for you to keep posting: I wouldn't dream of penalizing someone for being abused, and for dealing with the long slog often involved with working one's way out of that, healing from patterns of abuse.

The only reason I said anything was -- not knowing your current status, and us having been worried since your last posts and not hearing from you since -- out of concern for you, and worry that some more avoidance was going on. When we're dealing with someone who, based on the information they've given us, may be endangering their own life with avoidance, we're going to have concerns about enabling that in any way.

I'm insanely glad you're taking steps to get out of this situation, to say the least. And the day that I read you post putting all accountability on your abuser, instead of making it a "we" issue, I absolutely promise to do a jig on tabletop. Heck, I'd even film it for posterity if you liked.

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.