Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » volunteer.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: volunteer.
horsedreamer
Neophyte
Member # 20080

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horsedreamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested in becoming a volunteer on the site, if you're looking for help. If I missed the page with relevant information, I would appreciate a link. If not, I'd like it if someone could contact me about whether or not you're accepting help and how I can help. Unfortunately college freshmen (myself included) typically don't have much to offer as far as donations are concerned.
Posts: 18 | From: Cobleskill, NY, USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you'd like to volunteer, just get in there and start helping out, really. Reading over the articles at the site is highly recommended, as is not giving advice on things you don't know anything about. But really, if you'd like to help just jump in and start answering questions.

(huge caveat: don't post an answer unless you're sure you know the answer. It causes the volunteers more trouble to correct you than to just answer it themselves--and it's not like anyone knows everything, anyway.)

As far as donations go, they're really all appreciated. Even if it's $1, it helps!

------------------
I can count to purple backwards!

[This message has been edited by MarvellousPurple (edited 09-29-2004).]

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, if you're a good writer, ST is always taking submissions of interesting (and factually accurate -- so if you're using stats or scientific facts, references and sources are preferred) articles.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbarosa
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am far too wordy to consider submitting an article, but I have a friend that might be interested....

Are there any topics that are needed but not already covered? I have not read all the material but each new discovery leaves me more impressed. Great stuff here!

How would this friend go about submitting an article? It seems like it would be too much to just post to a section here.

Posts: 380 | From: Up North, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barbarosa, the best plan is to email me personally, then I can let you know what our needs are right now, our editorial requirements and style, and so forth.

I'm easily reached at: hcorinna@mac.com

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbarosa
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you kindly for the info.
Posts: 380 | From: Up North, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.