Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Pro-Choice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pro-Choice
bobbyflay
Activist
Member # 19955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobbyflay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read this - http://www.scarleteen.com/prochoice.html

I respect your opinion and choice but what you said
A person's body is their own, and the legislation which guides it should not hinder that person from full ownership of it. Without reproductive rights, a site like Scarleteen would be of no use, as its mission is dependent on men and woman having the right to make sexual choices for themselves.

Many people say that same answer, but the thing is the baby is not your body so in sense when you say its my body I can do what I want to with it, well it isnt your body and its the babies.

Posts: 67 | From: Raleigh,NC | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a woman is pregnant, an embryo or fetus is indeed her body until birth, should that occur. Get pregnant sometimes and find out what your body feels like: ain't much of a doubt whose body it is when you are.

Without a woman's body to create, nourish and house a growing child, there would be no issue at all here, as there would be no embryo or fetus.

You read the statement, so it's likely clear that we're not going to entertain arguments about reproductive choice here. There are a few threads on the matter existing in Sexual Ethics and Politics, but this has no place in this area of the boards, as we are not in any way considering revising our stance here. Believe you me, I am in no way short of exposure to other viewpoints on this matter (would that I could be at least every once in a while), nor are any of these viewpoints in any way new to me at my age and this stage of the game: should I ever decide to consider changing my mind on the matter, I'm well aware of what to entertain.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 09-21-2004).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobbyflay
Activist
Member # 19955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobbyflay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks though, Sorry about that.
Posts: 67 | From: Raleigh,NC | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.