Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Just one of your curious neophyte's here.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just one of your curious neophyte's here.
Lau-Saturnine
Activist
Member # 19052

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lau-Saturnine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings, just wondering how do people obtain a certain "status" on this site? I did an inspection on some profiles and noticed (quite obviously might I add) that many are labeled differently such as "Neophyte," or "Advocate." By any chance is this based on a number of posts or replies (from helpful members), which grant them certain positions? Because if it is the latter, I find that (at my rank) I attain no ability to reply to any posts that I see; when I would very much enjoy aiding those who pose questions that I think I could quite suitably answer (or try to). Well I suppose that is all, just a minor inquiry (I hope I did not sound demanding), simply curious and curiosity seems to be a healthy thing around here. Well Peace out.

[This message has been edited by Lau-Saturnine (edited 08-04-2004).]

Posts: 129 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EVERY user can reply to all posts, save those in Ask Scarleteen and Emergencies and Crises, which are only to be answered by staff and volunteers.

A quick search will lead you to what the titles mean, but the only difference between a neophyte and an activist is the number of posts they have made. There's absolutely no other difference.

Advocates are our volunteers, which are chosen over time, Sexperts are our staff.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.