Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Just a comment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a comment
mangosmoothie
Neophyte
Member # 9953

Icon 11 posted      Profile for mangosmoothie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely enjoy this site. It is beneficial to any teenager out there with a burning question - thousands of those which I, being a teen, know we have. It's a great place to come and get sound, accurate advice on a multitude of different questions. This is a place where people can come to ask questions they are too afraid to ask anyone else, embarassed, what ever the situation may be. But still, I know, from asking a few questions here, that some responses given are slightly.... rude. Some responses given by people who run the site are in a way... "blow off" answers. If someone asks something that someone who is highly involved with the site already knows and answers they answer with a seemingly "Duh. How can you not know this, I DO.", authoritative attitude. I just recieved a response today, about my topic being moved to a different part of the site because it was in the wrong place or what ever the reason may be, and it seemed rude. Like this is a movie set, and my part of the film has been shot, and someone just yelled "Cut! Redo it, get her outta here!". It's not a good feeling to have and I was just offering this information so no one else has to feel that that was the response they were getting. I'm not trying to say "You guys bite!" or anything ridiculous, because this is a great site to come for EVERYTHING! I hope I didn't come off too.... rude or commanding.

------------------
Love Takes No Offense - A Walk to Remember..... "An Eye for an Eye Makes the Whole World Blind." - Ghandi

Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mango, I don't know which post you're referring to, but generally when posts are moved, it's to benefit the user, because a post being in the most relevant forum tends to assure you'll get the most relevant responses. It also helps us to keep things organized rounnd here. With as many users and posts as are here, it tends to be important to try and keep *some* semblance of order.

Per your other comments, as stated in the user guidelines, the best way to address a scenario in which you feel a staff member or volunteer has been rude or out of order is to email me via the link on the bottom of every board page. That tends to be not only the most efficent way to deal with those problems, but the most tactful for everyone.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangosmoothie
Neophyte
Member # 9953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangosmoothie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand what you are saying, and I was not aware of the link via which I can let you know of any complaints.

------------------
Love Takes No Offense - A Walk to Remember..... "An Eye for an Eye Makes the Whole World Blind." - Ghandi

Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page .
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.