Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » How do you become a sexpert and stuff?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do you become a sexpert and stuff?
lilacvase
Neophyte
Member # 11048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilacvase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do you become a activist, moderator,sexpert,advocate,administrator(sp?),etc. I'm a neophyte and I sometimes know a real good reply for someone in need and I can't answer.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sexpert: Our adult staff.

Advocate: The moderators we choose, usually based on a minimum number of posts (generally around 50), general maturity level, previous help experience, the ability to follow the posting guidelines and help enforce them, the ability to use the board functions well, such as the search function, and a thorough knowledge of the basic information at the entire site.

Activist: Those posters with more than about 35 posts. This title is placed on a poster automatically by the system.

Neophyte: Any poster with less than around 35 posts.

We appreciate everyone's help here, and anyone can help no matter what their board title. It isn't a title that creates respect, it is what you do here and who you are.

[P.S.] The reason that you can't reply to a thread that you often have a good answer to is becauce the user posted their topic in a thread where only administrators (advocates and sexperts) can reply. This may be because they want really accurate and detailed information or the topic might be a crisis.

[I got this information from a thread that the search function gave me]

------------------
"Time is the glue that bonds a broken heart, but love is the air which dries the glue." -J. Franklin

"Today is a smooth white seashell, hold it close and listen to the beauty of the hours."

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 12-23-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, ANY user can reply to ANY of the board threads save those which are only asked looking for answers from staff and volunteers.

The users who post those post there in general because they want an answer from a very experienced staffer.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilacvase
Neophyte
Member # 11048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilacvase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx a bunch, really!
Posts: 37 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see the qualities listed for how advocates come to be, but how does that work?...
Do you just take notice to their maturity, posts and how well they use the site and its functions, and all the other important factors, do you just *observe* them and then *choose* them to be advocates?
I was just wondering how exactly it works.
thanx

[This message has been edited by blond ambition (edited 01-02-2003).]

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Becoming Board Staff: Advocate, Sexpert

Miz Scarlet observes your (almost) every post to see your general maturity level, how well you know the stuff (it's mostly around the boards but by doing other research you will gain more knowledge), how well you know the boards and how you make use of it, etc.

Board Titles: Neophyte, Activist, Advocate, Sexpert

When you first join the boards, you're automatically Neophyte. Once you make around 30-something posts, you're an Activist. But don't keep posting & posting just for the sake of becoming an Activist because quality is more important than quanity. Anywho, the boards count your posts for you and automatically make you an Activist. You're an activist forever, unless Miz Scarlet makes you an Advocate. Then unless you resign from your advocacy, you're always one unless she makes you a Sexpert. Sexperts know mostly everything about, well, everything it seems like. They're some smart cookies.

But don't worry about the board titles, because your title here really makes no difference. Your advice/input is always wanted here, unless it's against the Guidelines.

------------------
"There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread." -Mother Teresa

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -Theodore Rubin

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-04-2003).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer24:
Once you make around 30-something posts, you're an Activist. But don't keep posting & posting just for the sake of becoming an Activist because quanity is more important than quality.

Uh, am I reading that right?

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think she meant quality is more important then quantity...lol, we all have our goofs!

------------------
~Jay
"I am the sum of my parts and infinitely more so. The hum of my brain, the curve of my torso. The spark of my wit, the depth of my heart. Size is no measure in such a work of art" (from a Hanes Her Way ad)

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Haha, I'm sorry. I meant quality first.
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooookay. Just checkin
Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.