Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Parents, Adults and Teens » How exactly do you tell them??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How exactly do you tell them??
YouCanCallMeMiranda
Neophyte
Member # 40941

Icon 5 posted      Profile for YouCanCallMeMiranda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mkay.... My mom always said that when I'm ready to have sex, to tell her and she can put me on birth control... Well, me and my bf are ready but I don't know how to tell my parents... I just think it will be really awkward.... Please help me!!!

--------------------
~~Miranda loves Drummin~~

Posts: 4 | From: Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YouCanCallMeMiranda
Neophyte
Member # 40941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YouCanCallMeMiranda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How exactly do I talk to them about it?

--------------------
~~Miranda loves Drummin~~

Posts: 4 | From: Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about sitting down with your mom when she has some time (you can tell her you'd like to discuss something with her and to tell you when she'll have some time to do so) and then simply being honest with her and saying something like : ''Mom, we've talked about that before and you've told me to tell you before I start being sexually active and I think that I might be ready now for that and I just thought about telling you.'', something along that line.

I'm sure, whichever way you tell her, that she'll appreciate your honesty. I'm glad that you're thinking about being honest with your mom and that you and your mom get to talk about sex and that kind of stuff because unfortunatly not every mother does so.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penwords
Neophyte
Member # 34602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penwords     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently had this conversation with my mother, actually.

When it came time for me to do it, I approached it from the BC angle, saying that I was planning on taking a trip over to campus health and did our insurance cover BCPs and where was the insurance card? The fact that I was taking that step pretty much implied that I was getting ready to have sex without me having to come out and state it. Once we'd relayed that information, it was much easier to come back to the topic in later conversations like it was old hat and something comfortable to discuess.

Posts: 24 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.