Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Parents, Adults and Teens » Is this unreasonable? (sleeping with a boyfriend)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this unreasonable? (sleeping with a boyfriend)
HelloToYou
Neophyte
Member # 31274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HelloToYou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I'm not interested in sex, but I do want to sleep with my boyfriend. My parents don't want me to sleep with him because they think it will lead to sex faster even though I told them that not only do I not want sex, but I understand that I'm not ready to deal with the possible consequences. But the thing is, they will let me stay at his apartment, or him stay over here, as long as we don't end up sleeping in the same bed and I don't end up sleeping at his apartment. So, let me get this straight, they will give us ample opportunity to have sex, even though we don't want to have sex, yet they won't let us do something as simple and innocent as sleeping in the same bed? Does this make sense to you?

[ 10-28-2006, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: HelloToYou ]

Posts: 2 | From: here | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes the concerns and rules of parents may jsut not make sense, and that's just the unfortunate way of the adolescent world. But, as long as you're living under their roof and being supported by them, it's basically what they say goes.

I understand totally about wanting to JUST sleep with someone, non-sexually, and it's a totally valid want, sleeping close to someone can be very comforting and pleasent.

But, for now, just take a deep breath, let it pass and follow what they'd like of you, and maybe in a few weeks bring up the topic again and see what the discussion then brings about (who knows? maybe the fact that you've been respecting their wishes will help them trust you and see your thinking a bit more).

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ikeren
Activist
Member # 26880

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ikeren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you both sleep in PJ's? If not, ask if that would help. Just a thought.

--------------------
19, male, interested in Sadomasochism (BDSM) and some bisexual tendancies.

Posts: 157 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steph.
Neophyte
Member # 30141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steph.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my parents are the same way, except they KNOW we have sex and have never expressed any disapproval about it. i asked if i could sleepover at his house, and my mom said it "wasn't right" to sleep in the same bed as him. which i think is silly, because i'm almost 18, she KNOWS we have sex, she buys my birth control even! yet she thinks its wrong to spend the night there. it makes absolutely no sense, you're right. they let me stay at his house all day everyday whether or not parents are home, but as soon as its night and it involves sleeping, i can't. parents are strange, illogical creatures.
Posts: 24 | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.