Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Parents, Adults and Teens » groundation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: groundation
starlight23
Activist
Member # 9388

Icon 5 posted      Profile for starlight23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious as to how many teens out there, (or older if you remember back when you had to still listen to parents haha j/k) have been grounded and for how long and for what. personally i've only been grounded twice...once for week in 8th grade...and then more recently (last november) for six months...for having 7 people over when my rents were away (small party) and yea...can't go into more detail, dont wanna get in trouble. just curious as to see if 6 months is as extensive as i thought and as it felt. haha. peace.
Posts: 122 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can't say i ever got grounded. i would just a whoopin' from my mother. frankly, i would have rather been grounded. but at least the pain from a thwap on the keister goes away faster than 6 months.

my advice is be good. nothing bad happens if you behave yourself. in fact, ppl are more inclined to give you stuff, or so it seems. me, i just got a car two weeks ago. i've been very good for a long time and have been banking up the credits.

------------------
"In God we trust. All others must pay cash..." faw-choon kookie say.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be difficult but never got grounded. We did have "time-out" (I still shudder at those words). What my dad did to get me out of my silly stage (about 8th and 9th grade, when I was just generally being a bitch) was to get me BUSY. After that I didn't have time to get up to anything.

And then when I was in 10th grade I took on my first music students - aged 7, 8 and 13. And the younger two could be little terrors, and that made me think like a parent and stop acting like a brat pretty quickly!! (Interestingly, I also used time-out on them!!)

As Gummy said, the easiest thing to do is just behave. Have fun, but don't deliberately break the rules, as it just makes life difficult for everyone.

Rose-Zanney K

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving to Parents, Adults, and Teens.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Sexpert

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scorpio
Activist
Member # 4154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scorpio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been grounded before. I haven't been punished since i was about 8 years old. I'm only 15 (almost 16) but i haven't really gone through a "rebellious" stage. I don't get into trouble, and i have no desire to break rules and make people mad. I'm happy with the few rules my parents have and i don't find it difficult to obey them.
Posts: 83 | From: Seattle, Washington | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiX
Neophyte
Member # 9456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well ill say im REALLY lucky Cause I dont get grounded!! ^^ but i lose lots of priveleges or what ever yeah so it still SuX ;( but i dont get grounded ^^

------------------
Curiosity Killed The Cat But Satisfation Brought Him ^^

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«·´¨*·.¸¸. * RiX *.¸¸.·*¨`·»
«·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·»

Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlight23
Activist
Member # 9388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlight23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, i never used to get in trouble. at all. perfect little child. the one week thing was a huge misunderstanding. but then, i decided i wanted to act like a teenager...and well, lets say it bit me in the a**. i'm not cut out for being bad, i tried, i failed, and now i retire.
Posts: 122 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shenzie2007
Activist
Member # 9027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shenzie2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not been grounded once yet. Instead, my parents used to yell and sometimes hit me, but since now I'm not as much of a bitch they only yell at me from time to time. I have yet to get in really serious trouble.
Yeah, but since my parents are fairly easy-going, I think the only opportunity I'll have to be in trouble is if my g/f stays the night. (And I'd doubt that'll happen anytime soon.)

------------------
"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."

Posts: 73 | From: dallas, texas, usa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackRoseFaery
Activist
Member # 7365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackRoseFaery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
my advice is [b]be good.
[/B]

What do your parents count as "being good"? Because I know I'm a good. I don't smoke, do drugs, drink, stay out too late, or any thing rebellious. I have a limit of things I can do with my friends in a week. Two events are ok, but three is pushing it, and I'm 16 years old! I do a bunch of chores including laundry, dishes, and general cleaning. But I'm grounded constantly over stupid things.

Like last Christmas. I was grounded November, December, and January because I had a D in algebra 2 on my progress report. It wasn't even my report card! (It was a very high D, one more point and it would've been a C) The catch is that I was grounded from my computer and phone, and this was over the 3 week Christmas break, so I had to write letters to my friends just to communicate with the outside world.

Not too mention the millions of times I've been grounded from my computer and the few times I've got my butt whipped.

It's just a little extreme to me. but enough ranting...

------------------
Art is why I get up in the morning, but my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define" - Ani D.

Posts: 88 | From: Hixson, TN, US | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youngmorpher**
Neophyte
Member # 34891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youngmorpher**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been grouned for a month thats the longest but i felt like forever case i wasn't aloud to have any contact with my best friend and wasn't aloud out except for school so it felt like for ever no computer no phone only the telivision hw and school and food but it was difficult ya anyways my parents will occasonally hit me depending wat for and what mood and who we r with lol

--------------------
life brings changes can u handle them

Posts: 11 | From: vancouver, B.C. | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(youngmorpher, your parents shouldn't be hitting you; that's abusive behavior and flat-out not ok, regardless of how softly or hard they may be hitting. I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable for posting or focus on it, but at least give you an opportunity to talk about it if you'd like. How old with you, and how much more school do you have ahead of you?)
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youngmorpher**
Neophyte
Member # 34891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youngmorpher**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm starting grade 10 and i'm 14 until december

--------------------
life brings changes can u handle them

Posts: 11 | From: vancouver, B.C. | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.