Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Parents, Adults and Teens » Nudity (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Nudity
Erin
Neophyte
Member # 120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your opinion of being nude while in your house? I'm not talkinga bout sleeping or taking showers. I mean walking around when other peopel are in the house, and you are in the open. what are your feelings on having parents see you nude? As for parents what do you think of your kids walking around the house nude?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course not! Nudity is definitely a natural thing, no doubt about that, but that's just not my thing! I would never walk around my house completely nude with people around. I probably wouldn't even do it with it just being me and my husband.

It's funny that you ask though, because my mother always walks around the house nude! I consider that disrespectful too! Oh well. That's probably because of my own insecurities about my own body.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

[This message has been edited by SolitaryTear (edited 07-31-2001).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Solitary, let remind you again, as Alaska has reminded you before, such comments as "It's nasty!", "Ugh!", "that's just gross!" are not appreciated around here. There is absolutely no reason for it. If you don't want to walk naked around your house, just say so, that's fine. But there is no need for all the extra negative comments. Please keep this in mind.
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was younger, it wasn't a big deal at all. As a youngster, nudity seemed to be my prefered state of being for many years. Also, having a nurse for a mother made for a very open household. If you got out of the shower, and the shirt you wanted was in the closet down the hall...well you just went and got it in whatever various state of undress you might happen to be in. Nobody thought too much about it. I honestly didn't know that not everyone's family was like that until I started sleeping over at my friend's houses and realized something was amiss.

Once I started through puberty, things changed a bit. My dad was super respecful of my privacy and my personal space. So, to a certain extent, nudity isn't even an issue at my house, and to a certain extent it is.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Follow me or perish, sweater monkeys!"

"Remember, I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together!"

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since i didn't grow up in that kind of enviroment i guess i see it as something ya just shouldnt' do. But lately, i've become a lot less modest with myself and a lot more accepting of others, so i don't see it as anything that weird anymore.

However, i don't know anyone who does, and i'm not about to strip down and start walking around my house, hahah!

But, if that's what your family believes in and is comfortable in doin it, go for it!

------------------
...Everybody knows what a store-bought sweater looks like. But man, when you see a home-knitter on the street, it's obvoius, you know?"
-Hawksley Workman

------------------------
"You already know at least 4 women who've been raped...and you don't even know it."

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't get very naked around my house. But at my friend's house, her and her mom walk around naked all the time. They don't wear clothes if they can help it.

So one day my friend was watching TV nude when someone knocked on the door. She went to open it, not thinking anything of her nakedness, and there stands a 10 years old or so boy, about to ask her if she needed any chores done so he could earn a few dollars. The kid just gave her a strange look and then ran off. It took her quite awhile to realize that she had no clothes on.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slow Cookie, that's hilarious! Poor boy, I wonder if he told his parents what happened to him...
My relationship with my mom is not very open or anything, so I don't walk around naked when she's home. However, sometimes when I'm home alone I walk around naked. When I'm with my friends, I have no problem with being topless, but having my panties off would be another thing...

------------------
Ash

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Growing up in the time period and the culture I did, there was a lot of nudity at both my mothers and fathers house. However, it was tactful: no one was opening the door to strangers naked, or nude around guests, or what have you.

Honestly, I'm thankful for it. I think it made me realize the nude body is normal and nothing to be ashamed of (in fact, bodies often look far more provocative in some clothing than they do nude), I sexualized it a whole lot less than I saw others doing, and it gave me exposure to various real body types I wouldn't have had otherwise.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I walk around with as little clothing as I can, all the time. Most of the time, that does mean I'm fully dressed, but on some days...we'll say I need to keep the curtains drawn and a housecoat by the door.

------------------
*When authorities warn you of the sinfulness of sex, there is an important lesson to be learned. Do not have sex with the authorities. -From "Basic Sex Facts
For Today's Youngfolk" in "Life In Hell'', by (Matt Groening)

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nudity is a big thing in my moms house. She used to walk around naked or half naked ... She still does, most of the time. It just wasn't an issue for us b/c we all did.

However ... my dad is very different. Even just wearing a tshirt and underwear he'll tell me to "put some clothes on". He was never really comfortable w/ nudity ... at least not that i can remember.

------------------
I have this nagging fear that everyone is out to make me paranoid.
~ Anonymous

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have three brothers, and I realize that while I may be comfortable with my body, they're not. But if they, and my dad, can walk around the house in their boxers or briefs, I see no reason why they should be uncomfortable with me doing the same. So I'll walk around with my pjs and no bra (heaven forbid!), or I'll walk around upstairs in my bra and undies, or something like that...like I said, I'm pretty comfy with myself, so it's for them, not me. I don't know if I would walk around totally nude, but there ya go!

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

IM: AngelElisheva (Oh, I'm so creative, aren't I?)

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Moth
Activist
Member # 2606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel uncomfortable nude at my house- I don't exit my room or the bathroom if I'm not fully dressed. At my boyfriend's house, though . . . his whole family is relaxed about it, and I feel comfortable wandering around in various stages of undress- especially considering that the only male in the house is my b/f . . .
Posts: 72 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As some of other parents, mine have been on each of the sides concerning nudity.

My mom used to change or even shower with us, and we were okay with it. She still sometimes change in front of everyone, or wears see-through night clothes and stuff like that.

My dad never liked the idea of nudity. Although we always knew that he slept naked, he never wanted to be seen naked and always though that our mom was disrespectful for showing her body to us (me and my sister).

My sister (who's 14) is very shy about her body so you'll never see her showing something. Specially her legs, I dunno why she doesn't like them. She even consider being in underwear as partially naked.

For myself I have no problem on being in underwear around the house. Being naked, maybe not because of everyone's though, but if someone finds me naked, it won't really bother me. I even sleep naked sometimes, when it's too hot.

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When i am home alone i might be in a sports bra and unbuttoned shorts. Sometimes i will even go topeless. But i am EXTREMELY uncomfortable with nudity around my family. We arent very close, but my mom has odd habits that she does in front of me thinking i wont notice, but i do. And it bothers me. I tell her that it bothers me, but she says that i notice her too much. I am just very uncomfortable with nudity around family. I am less uncomfortable with friends. If it is someone i am close to and trust it is no big deal.
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eep! i'm a prude. i don't like being naked. i live alone, and i don't like to be walking aorund nekkid. i stay covered up. i might walk around in a crop top and shorts on a hot day, but i'm usually covered up enough for a PG movie.

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't walk around naked when people are home but when I'm home alone, that's another story I live with my mom and sister [4] and my sister is like constantly naked. My mom isn't phased by it either. I guess I'm less clothed than normal people. I'm always in my swimsuit when I'm at home, just because I'm still clothed but I can go outside and stuff and not feel weird. Nakedness is pretty normal for me I guess.

[This message has been edited by girly2499 (edited 08-08-2001).]

Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*Kalypso Marshmellow*~
Neophyte
Member # 4760

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ~*Kalypso Marshmellow*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shrugs* I like walking around just with my bra and pants on. Not outside or anything, but in my room and i'll go and talk to my parents that way. I don't like having nothing on... that's just how i am i guess! lol!

My mom is fine with it... i mean, i see her when i'm watching TV in her room and she changes into some other clothes. My dad on the other hand is really touchy about himself but doesn't seem to care about me or my mom.

------------------
Sometimes I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Posts: 5 | From: Seattle, WA, 98112 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was little, no one in my family worried about nudity very much. My parents would get changed in front of me, and it was all cool. I think this was really healthy for me, growing up for a lot of reasons. For instance, I had seen my mother's pubic region, and I wasn't addled with worry that mine was abnormal, like so many girls are, and I also knew about periods from a very young age. The fact that I knew what my father and brother looked like naked helped when my mother explained sex to me.

As I, and my siblings, got older we started to change in private more often. For myself, I was comfortable getting changed in our family lounge room until about 6th grade- this was a matter of convenience- in the winter it was cold, and I had the choice of getting changed in my freezing bedroom or in front of the fire. However, once I got older, I began to choose my freezing bedroom in spite of that.

Nowdays, when I visit my parents, I never go around my father or brother in a state of undress, unless perhaps it's a really long T-shirt and undies, but I'm not embarrassed at all to be naked around my mother- if she needs to come into the room while I'm having a shower, I don't give a hoot. I wouldn't want to be naked around my sister though, as my sister tends to pick on the shape of my body.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missy
Neophyte
Member # 5267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Missy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a nudist and love the felling of being free of clothes. I have been a home nudist for years without my parents knowing about my lifestyle when I lived at home. Now that I'm married, my husband and I spend most of our time at home with no clothes on and have recently gone camping at a clothing optional camp ground hear in MN. It was our first time among other people and the feeling was surreal. We saw lots of younger teens and young adults like us. (me 23 and husband 26). I was surprised with how many teenaged girls are nudist.
It was weird at first to take off our clothes but within 1 minuet (the time it took to walk from the front of our truck where we got undressed to the back where the tent bag was) everything fleet normal as could be. It was cool to see mom's and their son's playing ball or dad's and their girl's playing volleyball together. We were camping at a resort that had about 150 camp sights and every one of then were filled. Mostly filled with families. (mom, dad, and 2 to 3 children).
The only person I saw that had any clothes on was a women that I had the pleasure to talking to. She said the only reason that she was warring shorts was because she had her period and does not like to use a tampon. Otherwise she too would have been naked. We had such a good time and meet so many cool people that the worst part of our trip was when we had to put our clothes back on when we left on Sunday.
Any ways, the reason that I posted this was to help anyone out that might be interested in exploring nude recreation. If anyone is interested, their is a web message forum called NetNude.com. they have a teen area where anyone under 21 can post and converse among other like minded teens.
On the lower right side on the page is the teen forum.
http://www.netnude.com/mb/index.html

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom always finds something wrong with my body, something just cosmetic, and then she wants to take me to a doctor and get me fixed. When you hold your fingers out straight, you know how the skin on the back of your knuckles bunches up? She thinks it looks funny on two of my fingers (It doesn't). She wants to try every chemical on the face of the earth to cure my acne, won't let me buy clothing that's reddish because of my face, she's always after me to trim my toe nails (I like being able to see a little bit of white, she doesn't), and she thinks I'm anorexic even when I'm 5'4" and 125 lbs. I just finished a bowl of ice cream and my gut is hanging over my waisteband at this very moment.
And the only time I've ever seen my dad in nothing but his underwear was when he got up one night and came downstairs and yelled and cussed and me and my friend who was spending the night because we were giggling too loud. I never run around my house less than fully dressed if other people are around, however I wouldn't mind walking around naked if I was married.

Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erin
Neophyte
Member # 120

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Erin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it has been quite a while since I've been here. The main reason was that since the last time I was here, I have moved into my own apartment. I just recently got a laptop computer that I could connect to the internet and well I hope that I can be ccoming around here more often. Since I live by myself I have been going around in the nude alot more. When I was at home I would when my parents and sister were not home, but now I do it almost everyday. I just want to thank everyone for there feedback on this post.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm quite comfortable to be nude alone, or with close friends, but when parents/siblings/guests are around I prefer to be clothed. In my room I often do things naked late at night (not nessisarily dirty things!). It's a luxurious feeling to lie nude under a mink blanket, makes me feel like a film star (or something of the like). The flight from reality nudity gives me is great for brainstorming book ideas too!

Hugs & Scully & Annabeth,
Winnie :0)

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't walk around my house naked. I have a Dad, a Mom, a sister, 3 cats, a dog, and a rabbit that will watch me everywhere I go!

I don't feel comfortable even around my friends naked, althought I have no problem being in a locker room. Inmy bra and underwear I probably wouldn't mind it in front of my friends, but at my age, not in front of my family, that's for sure.

Oh, and Mommacat- I think it's wonderful that you don't care what anyone thinks of your body. It's inspiring

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-26-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphirecat
Activist
Member # 5317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphirecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom equates wearing clothing with having dignity, so nobody ever went around my house nude. I like heat, probably way too much for my own good, so it's usually too cold to go around nude in my apartment here. (It's steam-heated for free, so there's no way to turn it up.) I don't know about when I have my own house, though.

------------------
Sapphire Cat
The world needs me, to know not everyone is the same.
Artist, poet, programmer, dreamer, and crossdressing bondage kitty

Posts: 235 | From: Louisville KY (St. Matthews) | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InputPlease
Neophyte
Member # 6834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InputPlease     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont walk around naked but my parents would care less if i did.

------------------
"I wanted to see exotic Vietnam, the jewel of South East Asia. I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture and, kill them." -Joker (Full Metal Jacket)

Posts: 3 | From: Newburyport Mass, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a kid I used to run around my house completely naked except for a cowboy hat and a gun and holster. There's actually a photo of it. Nakedness isn't a big issue in our house. We don't walk around naked but my mam would have no qualms about ripping off her clothes if I was in her bedroom or something. I personally love being naked, but I wouldn't walk around my house naked! When I have my own place it might be another story. Ever see friends when Phoebe talks about naked alone time? That's me right there!
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rekling
Activist
Member # 6341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rekling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nudity existed in my house when i was younger, but no longer. my father used to walk around naked all the time. my mother was never naked, largely because she is a breast cancer survivor and had a mastectomy when my sister and i were really young (4 and 1, or so), and thus was always wearing clothing, and in fact, usually wearing a bra under her clothes because she had a prosthesis. nudity has never been treated as something taboo in my house, although as we've gotten older, my father does not go around naked in front of us, only topless. over winter break, my mother sister and i were talking and my mother commented that she hadn't seen my or my sister's breasts recently, and took off her shirt (very suddenly) to show us her new nipples (she had reconstructive surgery after her second mastectomy). my sister and i walk around in states of undress in our room, and my sister has no problem walking around the house in her underwear. however, when i'm home, i always need to be wearing long sleeve (scar-hidin', y'know) so nudity isn't really an option, which is why i love school...

where i live in a very clothing optional room (except for most of hte fall when it was far too cold to even take our sweatshirts off). i'm a big fan of nakkid time, as is my roommate. personally, i'm most comfortable wearing boxer briefs and a bra. i hate shirts, and pants can be annoying. its not at all unsusual for me to walk around my dorm (well,just to the bathroom, since i don't know how other folks on the hall feel about that) in myunderwear. it is also not unusual for me to come home and find my roommate sitting topless at her computer. clothing is just silly, and bodies are natural and nice.
hugs and naked time
-rek

Posts: 72 | From: oberlin, oh / new york city | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aries
Neophyte
Member # 1403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The furthest I ever go is my underwear, and that's only when no one else is home, the doors are locked, and the blides are over the windows.
Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
la jaunty bohemian
Activist
Member # 5735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for la jaunty bohemian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Woo! Great Topic!]

Beppie, I totally relate to your experience. My mom is very cool with nudity. Me, my brother and my sister would have conferences with her when she was in the bath. [She worked nights, so that was the best time to catch her awake and alone to talk.] Once my brother hit puberty, he stopped the naked time. Still, though, when we're watching TV in the basement [next to his room] he'll come out and chill with me just in his boxers.

I have no problems being naked. I usually walk maked from the bathroom to my room [which means I go through my sister's room up into the attic], something that annoys her greatly. There are constantly shouts of "that's what a towel's for!" from my sis. She's never been comfortable being naked around other people, not even wearing a bra and pants.

I've never seen my dad naked. That simply is not done in his world. [When my brother was little, he used to pee sitting down because he'd never seen my dad going to the bathroom.]

If I could be naked in my dorm room I would, but my roommate's not down with that.

On a side note... I grew up in a house with 6 people and, until recently, one bathroom. So, if someone was in the shower or the bath and you had to go... you went, with them in there. [Usually just peeing, out of courtesy.]

But my mom's always been really comfortable with all kinds of bodily function and she's a nurse. So, I could ask her why I might be pooping differently, for instance, and that would be alright. [Though it wouldn't be dinner conversation!] That openess has helped me out a lot in becoming more comfortable and familiar with my own body, following her example. I plan to behave the same way with my kids.

[This message has been edited by la jaunty bohemian (edited 02-23-2002).]

Posts: 105 | From: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dunt want anyone in my family to see me naked... and i dunt want to see them... my parents would get mad at me if i started running around in my b-day suit lol... its okay when ur like 5 but... past like 6 nah... ur too old for running around naked (while others are around anyway lol) i only would walk around my house naked if no one else is home... and i try not to do that... only if i forget sumthing b4 i jump into the shower or sumthing... (i dunt have curtians in all of the room in my house.. .and that would be icky if my neighbors saw me lol)
Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I'm pretty shy around my parents. When I was younger, I would be naked with my mom pretty often. We used to bathe together and stuff. She also doesn't mind changing around me (still). My dad is another story... as a man, I don't think he was very comfortable with his body, and now, she has a mishmash of male and female parts, so she still doesn't want to show it off.

I now live with my partner, and have no trouble being naked around him. I don't tend to walk around naked much though, because I have a tendency to get cold. And the blinds don't close properly.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparklydiamonds
Activist
Member # 7247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparklydiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think being nude in your home is about choice. It depends on how you were brought up. Say, if you were brought up with a strict sense of order and such, it'd be highly unlikely you'll find yourself walking around naked. But if you lived in a quite liberal household, then you'll probably more comfortable walking around nude. It's also dependent on how your parents acted around you while growing up. If they were very comfortable around you, then you'll be more prone to walking around naked. As well, it's also dependent on how you feel about your body. Of you're ashamed of your body, then you're not likely to show off your body as opposed to someone who's extremely proud of their body and wants to parade it. It's all about choice basically.

------------------
~*Diamonds are a girl's best friend.*~

Posts: 40 | From: City Of Lost Angels | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somekrazydude
Activist
Member # 6355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somekrazydude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it's just uncomfortable to me personally. i don't like walking around with my parents in the house. i don't walking around period. i just think your parents aren't meant t osee your grown up parts. yeah. so, to me, being naked in house equals embarassment.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything you're free to do anything."

Posts: 76 | From: Winterpeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miller311
Activist
Member # 7218

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Miller311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont mind being naked. I have two sisters and my parents. I dont do it when my dads around, personally i think its gross and would never be naked in front of my dad. As for my mom and sisters, we can be naked around eachother its no big deal, afterall , we have the eact same parts!!

------------------
~~*Sara*~~

**RIP TEDDY**
I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!
1983-2001

Posts: 47 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just*this*girl
Neophyte
Member # 7372

Icon 7 posted      Profile for just*this*girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think being naked is awesome. The human body is a wonderful and buetiful thing. Life would be a whole lot easier if everyone was just naked all the time!
Posts: 16 | From: Never Never Land | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.