Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Boyfriend » Mens Room » Boxers Or Briefs? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Boxers Or Briefs?
Mikey12
Neophyte
Member # 3277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guyz, im sure u have seen a topic like this b4, but i couldnt find one so i am posting 1. K, Do u guyz were boxers or briefs? Wich 1 and why? I have herd that brief can bend ur penis, but i just cant get used to boxers, and is it easier too see and errection through clothes when ur wearin boxers? Thanks guyz!!!!
Posts: 23 | From: Redmont, Washongton USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxers or briefs are a matter of personal preference. I have both.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also use both.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlHooter
Neophyte
Member # 3668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlHooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer boxers, but it's just personal preference
Posts: 9 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somewhatanonymous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a plethora of different types of underware. (I certainly don't belief that briefs can bend your penis) It just depends on what you're doing.

Personally, I thing wearing boxers while doing any pysical activity is potentially uncomfortable or even dangerous. Definately wear breifs, boxer briefs are best.

I find boxer shorts nice to wear on my average day or to run around in the house in. That is all they are good for.

If I think anyone might see my underware I like to wear something a little more asthetic than loose and saggy boxer shorts. Chics seem to dig the boxer breifs, and I also have bikini briefs and string (not thong mind you) bikinis.

Ok, let me know if there is anyway I could seem more flaming gay. I try really hard you know. So concludes my thoughts on mens underware. Hmm, perhaps we should start a similar thread on womens underware?

Posts: 141 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does underwear preference signify sexual orientation? There is really no correlation.

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 05-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 05-22-2001).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somewhatanonymous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was referring to the 'fasion minded' approach I took towards deciding what underware people should ware. Simply taking advantage of some steriotypes about homosexuals to make a little joke. I wasn't intending to be taken seriously with that remark. However, I was very serious about the rest of the stuff about underware.

Sorry about the confusion.

Posts: 141 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ironically enough, I am flamingly gay and my post was, well, nothing like yours. I wonder why the stereotype isn't that talking about underwear like that is flamingly straight. Silly stereotypes. :^)>
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Because if cool things like fasion became flamingly straight there wouldn't be nearly enought gay guys left in the world. You wouldn't want that to happen now would you? :P
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Okay, you're saying that if being fashion minded made you straight, then there would be, like, negative two gay people in the world? I can see how that would be a bad thing, were there an actual correlation. Bleckh, you've got me there. Sort of.

I shall never admit your triumph!!
Triumph, what triumph am I talking about.

I wasn't saying it was true, I was just saying the stereotype is ridiculous because there are always exceptions. The really sad thing is that I don't know any gay people who are fashion minded at all (except myself, sometimes I think I'm a bit too stereotypical. Nooo, I've become a statistic).

somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Most of my gay friends are really out and try (subconsiously I think) to conform to as many positive to neutral gay steriotypes as possible. That's just my theory.

Oh, and I'm heterosexual. I think you were inferring that I was gay with your "negative two gay people" (you being one and me being two?) comment. I'm not homophobic, I've just found that I need to tell people that I'm straight from time to time, just to *straighten* them out.

Mikey12
Neophyte
Member # 3277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikey12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha, i like the starighten think somewhat.... anyways is this a thread about gays or underwear? haha, well just to get the topic back in order, i wear mainly boxers, it is embarassing when i get hard, but it is roomy and brezzy. the sexperts are right, it's just ur choice, but i think that there are(since we are talkin about gay stereotypes) even underwear stereotypes, "I guess there is nothing in this world that everyone will like"-me, lol, well i DO think there are stereotypes of underwear i couldnt imagine why, but the "popular" guyz at my school r allways tellin gurls they wear boxers (AND SHOWING!) Talk to u layter guyz
Posts: 23 | From: Redmont, Washongton USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yoyo
Neophyte
Member # 25582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yoyo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i dont know about the stereotypes, but i guess its possible. I try to get used to boxers sometimes but it just doesnt work out, because when i sleep my penis is swingin everywhere, and if i have a wet dream it gets pretty messy, haha
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

wet dreams... ahh, memories. Which makes me think of a question... Off to ask a sexpert!
Alaska_boy
Neophyte
Member # 3901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alaska_boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally i prefer Briefs. i like that comfort of Knowing where my "pepe" is chillin. and that swetty sticking to the leg thing just killed it for me with boxers. just to free for me.
Posts: 32 | From: P-Town,Alaska | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prettyboy862001
Neophyte
Member # 3176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for prettyboy862001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got both. I used to hate boxers because of them sticking to your legs...But basically they give me ball space. Oh and does any1 in america call briefs Undies
Posts: 13 | From: Lismore, N.S.W Australia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ou2mame
Activist
Member # 1987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ou2mame     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 5 year olds, and their mothers.

------------------
just when everything was making sense
you took away all my self-confidence
now all that I've been hearing must be true
I guess I'm not the only boy for you

Posts: 148 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qqq9999
Neophyte
Member # 3959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for qqq9999     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wear boxers, the have more room to hang, also it is muchh more comftoraqble in the summer. by the way i heard a rumor and i want to know it is true, u see i used to wear briefs and i switched cause i didn't know if this was valid or not so here it goes: wearing briefs lowers ur sperm count, is that true?
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also wear both, just depends on where I'm going or what I'm doing. During the week I stick to briefs cuz I'm at work, and boxers just aren't comfortable. On the weekends, when I'm usually not doing anything TOO physical, I prefer boxers. As far as briefs lowering your sperm count, I think that has something to do with the idea that it's harder for your body to regulate the temperature there with everything bunched up. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I would guess that as long as your underwear aren't overly tight, you should be ok (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here). I do wonder sometimes why men traditionally have just those two choices for underwear and women have what seems like unlimited choices...

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tHATDUDE
Neophyte
Member # 2412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tHATDUDE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! Well, though I have more briefs than boxers, for me that's almost the same. Also, I only have 1 boxers (my girlfriend gave me and they are cool enough and I prefer wearing those, but it depends also on my pants, if they're large i prefer using briefs, at least if i'm going to walk ..but i don't think that's a matter to discuss, whoever uses boxers or/and briefs may be already happy Hihihi

------------------
tHATDUDE oRIGINAL (R)

Posts: 9 | From: Penafiel, Portugal | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tHATDUDE
Neophyte
Member # 2412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tHATDUDE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry dudes, just couldn't post because of times out

[This message has been edited by tHATDUDE (edited 06-04-2001).]

Posts: 9 | From: Penafiel, Portugal | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tHATDUDE
Neophyte
Member # 2412

.oO(hihi)

[This message has been edited by tHATDUDE (edited 06-04-2001).]

John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the question of underwear and sperm count, yes briefs will lower it by keeping things up closer to your body and thus just a little warmer. However, this is not permament, just for the time that you are wearing them. Thus unless you are really trying to get someone pregnant, there is no reason to worry about it. Actually for most guys it should be considered a plus, sort of a partial male contraceptive (although a very inneffective one, so don't go out with out a raincoat, just because you are a tighty whitey guy). Sperm count is not related to potency or level of your libido.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nick520
Neophyte
Member # 2620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nick520     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the feeling boxers give me. I like hanging loose. The uptight feeling of briefs is uncomfortable to me. Plus I heard holding the testicles to close to the body all the time could reduce your sperm count....
Posts: 8 | From: Las Vegas, NV USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
Neophyte
Member # 4007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boxers, briefs, bikini or none...

They are mostly all a matter of preference, but keep in mind two things. Number one, they should be the correct fit. If the underwear is too tight fitting, this can cause physical problems such as lower back pain and pains in the groin as well. I know this from experience and it was not fun. A proper fit is very important to both comfort and good health.

The Second thing to remember is always put on clean underwear! LOL Not only is this important hygienically, but it can also save you some grief if for some reason they become shown to the world or just to a chosen individual.

~Aaron

Posts: 11 | From: Saginaw, MI, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaron is right, a short squeeze is only fun if you happen to own that stock (wall st humor, sorry). Other than that he sounds like the proverbial mother telling her 10 yo to change his underwear, "in case you get hit by a car", as if having clean underwear would make any difference to you as you are lying there in a pool of blood.

I guess I am as guilty as any here, but has anyone wondered why a trivial topic like this one has generated more posts by far than much more serious topics on the same board.

By the way I just noticed my promotion from neophyte to mentor, i like the promotion since as a 42 yo father of 3, neophyte seemed a bit un fitting, and I have always enjoyed being a mentor in RL.

Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hey
Neophyte
Member # 4021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll usually wear Calvin Klien Hip Briefs (so comfortable), but I do own a blue thong (wearing it right now) & boxer briefs.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
Neophyte
Member # 4007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aaron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too wondered about why this is such a hot topic, and as close as I can determine, it has to do with image. Which type and brand are the Reeboks of the under garment world.

Plus it has an added factor of being "intimate" because no one is "supposed" to see them.

As for getting hit by a car, LOL. I was thinking more of an unfortunate incident that happened to me where my pants split right down the back!!! Luckily I was on my bike going TO school. So I was late, but at least not utterly devastated.

You never know... LOL

~Aaron

------------------
Some would call me a rebel, but I am just no good at it... I can't seem to conform to that image.

Recently I signed up for a self-help course in procrastination... but I haven't attended yet. The introduction meeting keeps getting rescheduled.

Received a fortune in a cookie once. It read: "Those who are dropped on their heads are doomed to wander their lives in a state of confusion." I am still working to figure that one out.

Posts: 11 | From: Saginaw, MI, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Aaron,
Your use of the rebel quote raised my interest in your signature, are you the same Aaron from the other board I go to. (Heather has asked me not to mention its name here, or this board at the other place)

D-Money
Neophyte
Member # 2385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D-Money     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boxers.. more comfortable and my girlfriend loves em!
Posts: 9 | From: CT | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebigbadfox
Neophyte
Member # 4260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thebigbadfox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree boxers

---------------------------

Only the ball should bounce

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WinterDragon
Neophyte
Member # 4178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WinterDragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boxer briefs.

------------------
Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat
Tender is the fur, dying as you purr

Posts: 17 | From: Rolla,Mo | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadowhawk
Activist
Member # 3425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadowhawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a few situations where I might wear briefs, but every other day of my life I wear boxers. Looser, more comfortable, and they breathe when it's 110 out.
Posts: 80 | From: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eLb33
Neophyte
Member # 4325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eLb33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to wear briefs quite a bit when I was younger, but since switching to boxers... I can't go back! The uncomfortableness level is just too much!

------------------
--If everything seems to be going great, you probably don't know what the hell is going on--

Posts: 13 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FootballPlayer50
Neophyte
Member # 4398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FootballPlayer50     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use both...mostly boxers....about an erection showing more with boxers....i don't think so...I think it depends more on what kinda of shorts or jeans or whatever type of pants you are wearing...tighter matierial...show's less....loose matierial shows more

Dave

Posts: 17 | From: Monterey, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.