Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Pink Slip » Ladies Room » oral sex and protection..advice..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: oral sex and protection..advice..
retarded_brat
Activist
Member # 5126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for retarded_brat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
before i joined screlteens, i had no clue that you needed protection for oral sex too...i thought a condom or whatever was used only during sexual intercourse (thank you for educating me btw!...hehe)..
my question is this...the part of the worl where i come from (for those who are inept at geography, sri lanka is an asian country...a gorgeous sunny tiny island shaped like a tear-drop just belown india... anyway, in sri lanka, well...the attitude here is different..condoms are used only for "sex". sex is defined as sexual intercourse...oral sex is classified as "just heavy making out" (go figure...i know)...well, the thing is, if you suggest to anyone that they use a condom or protection when performing oral sex, over here, they're gonna laugh at ur face..and my problem is, well..it's kinda personal. my boyfriend and i have never had sex before...(oral included). i know he wants me to when i'm ready...and i know i want to too sometime..not now, but future..i also know that he hasn't been with other women or engaded in anything that might cause him to have any STDs or STIs...meaning i think he's clean cuz he has no reason to be not clean. he might feel insulted (i dunno...maybe) if i ask him to wear a condom when i do have oral sex with him...i know he shouldn't...but how do i apporach the matter?..chances of him infecting me with something is almost nil, but "almost" isn't a word i like and isn't a risk i'm willing to take...i don't wanna make him feel bad either...any ideas?

------------------
what-me-worry?

Posts: 134 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try showing him this website and educate him on the matter. Explain to him the STDs and STIs can be transmitted without sexual activity. Having him use protection is not an insult, but a comliment because you want him to be safe as well as you.

If in your country people laugh at you for suggesting a safety measure perhaps you could try educating as many people as you can. A good first step might be to advertise for scarleteen, and educate as many people as you can about safer sex.

And just tell your boyfriend that using a condom is only about safety. Your chances of getting in a car accident are small, but do you always wear a seatbelt just in case(i hope so!)?

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell him not to be insulted, because you expect him to use a dental dam for oral sex on you, and you're not insulted at all. If he says it'll break the mood, offer to put the condom on with your mouth (although you may want to practice that one a few times first, make sure your teeth don't scrape and there are no air pockets). There really shouldn't be any excuse he can come up with that you can't counter act, because there isn't a reason to not have safe sex.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.