Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Pink Slip » Ladies Room » peeing outside?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: peeing outside?
Gummi Bear
Neophyte
Member # 3949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gummi Bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How and where do u pee outside? help!
Posts: 24 | From: Brookes, CA, United States | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you want to pee outside??? It would be easier to pee in a bathroom, dont you think?

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wilderness girl to the rescue.

If you _must_ go to the bathroom outside (always go for port-a-potties, indoor toilets or outhouses if they are available), find a secluded spot, squat (leaning forward helps) and go.

Again, TRY to find alternatives.

------------------
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
( Tr. "I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head." )

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean if you're on a camping trip? Usually, I walk away from the camp, and away from any streams that might be nearby, and go behind a tree. Always bring a roll of toilet paper with you; leaves are nasty, nasty, nasty! Oh, and remember to pull your pants/shorts forward, not backward; you'll pee all over them.

Have fun, but pee inside whenever you can!

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You double posted, and that's just not something we see any need for, so I'm pasting the two replies you got in your other post, and deleting it.

From ErinK
Please don't post more than one topic asking the same question.

anyways, I don't know why you would want to pee outside other than on camping trips or if you're in the wilderness for other reasons such as hiking, but in general, you find a secluded area and squat down and do your business.
At least that's how I've done it on trips.

Erin

From Scorpio
If your camping or backpacking i usually just go off the path so no one
can see me and find a log and just sit over that. Kind of like a toilet without a pack part...

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 07-02-2001).]

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've used leaves before. it's alright. the best is actually to use a hankerchief or bandana specifically for peeing. of course, then you keep that in a plastic baggie with a secure seal on it. if you have to use toilet paper, at least don't throw it into the woods..remember "leave no trace." if you're in a cave though....you are basically REQUIRED to either hold it or pee into a bottle. never ever ever pee in a cave. the air doesn't move inside of a cave really, and neither will that stench. Plus, a cave is definitely somewhere where it is highly unethical among cavers to leave anything but some carbon dioxide and footprints in.
Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blackbird - I used to use leaves, without a second thought. But I heard a story one day about a family who was out on a camping trip; a girl went behind a tree, needed to wipe, and so picked up some three-leaved, reddish looking plants...and came home a few days later with poison ivy all over her private parts. Can you say "OUCH??" Anyway, so I don't use leaves. Besides, there have been bugs crawling all over them, mosquitoes, flies, all which have probably pooped, peed, or secreted some sort of bodily "stuff" onto it...and all this is coming into direct contact with your genitals. No, I play it safe, I bring good old-fashioned toilet paper, thankyouverymuch!

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm... peeing outside... i'm a master! haha...well...
like everyone else has said, squat, pull pants forward, and if you have nothing to wipe with, do the shaky-shaky! haha
yeah, i like the woods...

one thing though, everyone is all about try and find a port 0 potty but if you must... i understand that there are a lot of nasties in the woods that you wouldn't want to expose that area to... but is it really that bad to pee in the woods? i've never had any problems...

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Well, of course, I guess peeing in the woods can't be all that bad, considering that people were doing it for millions of years before plumbing came into being, but...I don't know, would you rather use a condom a week before it expires or a month before it expires? I figure, why expose yourself to all the bacteria and ticks (please, don't ask me to elaborate, ughh) of the woods when you can sit on a reasonably sanitary Port-A-Potty? It's just safer.

~Angel~

------------------
~Personal Quote~

~Calvin~

Jolie
Neophyte
Member # 3320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing everyone forgot to mention... DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, pee on pavement! The splashback is HORRIBLE!!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gummi Bear
Neophyte
Member # 3949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gummi Bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx, anything else?

------------------
Life is like,
A parking lot,
If you follow,
Everyone else,
You'll never find a spot.

Posts: 24 | From: Brookes, CA, United States | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh oh oh I know this one! I just got back from peeing in the bushes for 5 days straight!!

Why does everyone say lean forward? That's the one thing i never do b/c then i pee on my shoes. And i did ... twice.

You find a spot where you're seperated from everyone else. Usually a bush or around a corner in the trees or something ... If you can't see them, there's a good chance they can't see you either. Pull your pants down, squat, use one hand behind you to hold yourself up and the other hand to hold the TP (if you have it) and your pants so you don't pee on them. We burned our toilet paper in the fire ... I don't know what else you're supposed to do w/ it (??)

We had privies (porta potty type things), and i used them at the first site we went to, but it took about 5mins to walk to the one (yes, there was ONE for about 16 people, 4 people per site, 4 sites per area) so everyone just peed in bushes ... However, for "#2" it was a really good idea to use the privie so you don't have to bury it

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SUGARCOOKIE
Neophyte
Member # 1068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SUGARCOOKIE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! None of you ladies can pee standing up? I am the master at that. I have peed in mens urinals with blue jeans on and made it shoot out like a man and never got a drop on myself. I have been doing this since I was a teenager. I practice in the shower, legs spred slightly apart, lips spred apart, and build up pressure and let it go. practice, practice, practice.
Posts: 14 | From: houston, tx usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AngelElisheva, i suppose then if you know how to spot poison ivy, it isn't a threat. There is poison ivy up in the Shawanagunks in New York, but hey..if you know what it is, you can avoid it like the plague.
Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, there is actually a site online about how to pee standing up. There are certain pressure points around the urethra that help out so you don't dribble all over the place. I'll see if i can find it ...
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
songbird
Neophyte
Member # 4482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for songbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Behind a bush or something. Duck and squat. Be careful not to pee on your feet. *laugh*
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

I don't really consider poison ivy to be a threat to me, since as you said, blackbird, I know how to spot it...it's really just the idea. ::shudder:: But still, toilet paper is safer as it is not covered with fecal material or been exposed to all sorts of other nasties out in the environment.

~Angel~

------------------
~Personal Quote~

~Calvin~

Gummi Bear
Neophyte
Member # 3949

okay... is that all? if it is, i have a question. hsould i just try this stuff out when i go camping this summer or should i go into the woods by my house and practice before i go camping.
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

It's really not that hard to do ... And hey, if you pee on your shoe, no big deal. I'm sure all of us have done that once or twice ... !!
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

We went on a backpacking trip in camp last year, and there were a bunch of city chicks who had never been in the woods before. They managed just fine, and they hadn't gotten the 411 on it, so I think you're in good shape.

~Angel~

------------------
~Personal Quote~

~Calvin~

IM: AngelElisheva (Oh, I'm so creative, aren't I *grin*)

blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

oh hey..and remember, pee is STERILE. and it is your own....

AngelElisheva...I suppose toilet paper is okay. Although I'd feel rather wrong about leaving the toilet paper behind in the woods, even if it is biodegradable. I'm from a school of thought where if someone passes by ten minutes later, they shouldn't be able to really tell that you were there (except for in the case of peeing, the wet spot). There's nothing as saddening as talking a hike through the woods and seeing the remain of other human beings. *sigh* It's always kind of a really cool trippy thought to be walking through the woods and having that feeling that you're the only other person out there and "One with Nature" not "One among the rest of the other people out here with Nature"

AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Oh, did I forget to mention? Terribly, terribly sorry. If you're going to use toilet paper, please, please, PLEASE take a garbage bag with you. It's sooo much better for the environment! Thanks for reminding me, blackbird.

~Angel~

------------------
~Personal Quote~

~Calvin~

IM: AngelElisheva (Oh, I'm so creative, aren't I *grin*)

wildchild05
Neophyte
Member # 4017

Icon 6 posted      Profile for wildchild05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm- peeing in the woods.... I do that at least a hundred times a summer (I mean- come on- wheres the best place to party? THE WOODS! And what does alcohol make you do? PEE! lol) ANYWAY- my saying is "POP A SQUAT!" Meaning- simply act like youre goin to sit in a chair and bring your butt down near the ground- make sure your legs/feet are forward and that your pants and pantIES are pushed far enough so they wont get splattered with pee! Good luck- oh and PS dont use leaves if you arent famnilar with nature- you may use posion ivy, oak, or any number of other plants that could give you a rash.. if you HAVE to use leaves- use tree leaves... but I always use toliet paper, and just throw it under a bush cuz its biodegratable! sweet huh? yes! GOODLUCK!
~*WildChild*~

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wildchild05
Neophyte
Member # 4017

Icon 3 posted      Profile for wildchild05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
opps I forgot to mention where.... usually I go behind a tree.. but try to stay out of weeds and bushes. once again THE POISION IVY!
Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

No problem AngelElisheva. I've never tried to take a dump in the woods, but I hear that what you can do with that is to go to the bathroom on a rock, then take another rock to smush your feces and chuck the rock. I'm not sure how sanitary that really is, but I assume that it's to get the feces off of the beaten path where something like small children can end up playing with it (gross). Luckily I've never ran into that situation.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.