Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Pink Slip » Ladies Room » What's with the butt??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's with the butt??
sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay i was just thinking one day and i just wanted to pose a question at all of you.

What makes humans want to check out other butts? i mean.. like.. it's a butt! Why do we think it's sexy??

Think about that!!

and if you really do like Butts.. what's a good butt for you?

Hhaha this is a weird topic I know! But

Enjoy!

Silly Girl

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's not just humans. There are those monkeys with red bums, which are meant to attract mates.

I don't really get the butt thing though. Though bum cleavage seems to be very in these days. Personally I don't care what someone's bum looks like, as long as it's there. I'm not big on the non-existant bum look.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead Dog
Activist
Member # 1672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dead Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't say i really understand the attraction to butts...

...but on the other hand, what would we look like *without* butts??

and how would one rest one's feet if one had nothing to sit on?

strange mental images... ha ha ha...

------------------
make no mistake: i am the queen of the dorks.
http://dead-dog.diaryland.com

Posts: 61 | From: texas - yeehaw, or something | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Pixie69, and the thought of a nice bum turns me on. Not a bubble butt, but a butt. A nice tight bum. Those are my qualifications for a good one. Simple, see? On guys...I don't know, sometimes you just know that their bum is of a superior quality....Yes, I consider myself to be a bum conesouir, which is why I can say "superior quality" about bums without turning red

Sorry, I'm in a goofy mood.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

"Just say no" fights teen pregnancy the way "hey, cheer up" fights manic depression.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like my butt. it makes sitting possible.

according to some anthropoglogists, monkeys in estrus will display their perineal areas, which are swollen and red due to their arousal. the male monkeys see this and they get turned on. as a consequence, the monkeys mate.

well, since Homo sapiens walk upright, they cannot display their perineal area (area between vagina and anus) as easily. So they grew butts. Good butt muscles also make it possible to sit and walk.

Hooray for butts!

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
izziel1923
Neophyte
Member # 4271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for izziel1923     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, I'm all for the arse. Nicely shapen and round, firm yet pliable, what we call a grabbable arse. You see, to me the arse is a very erogenous zone, so in getting pleasure from having mine fondled, I am thusly attracted to others. It also has to do with... well, their similatiyies to breasts... but that's just me.

------------------
~*~Sarah~*~
Take my hand and we can fly higher than the stars.

Posts: 27 | From: Asheville, NC - Freak Capitol of the US and proud of it | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I just don't find butts sexy. Even a really nice butt- they just don't do anything for me. Like in the "naked guys" post where I said that the sight of naked men doesn't appeal to me, although I might be impressed by a fit, toned body. I might be impressed by a tight butt, and I might say "hey, great a**," but a firm butt doesn't turn me on. Hmmm... Just personal tastes I guess. I suppose that many people find butts sexy, but I don't get it. Although I've been known to check out a few arses in my day.

------------------
*^Lucky^*

"I could rip your eyelid off..."

"No, Don't do it! I need it to seal my plan.."

"Why?"

"Because it's so devious I need to wink."

[This message has been edited by Lucky1402 (edited 06-27-2001).]

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmmmmm...........

you're right! considering what goes on with butts and all -

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

just kidding

wow, you really have me thinking now.
i like my boyfriends butt, its just so cute!

maybe cause its down in that region?

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, gummy! Hooray for butts!

I've never really thought much about this before. All humans have butts, all humans are different, ergo the butts of the world exist in various sizes and colors and display some variations in shape. To me, a butt is just another element of a person that adds to his or her uniqueness.

Oddly enough, I find that a few people I've met judge some individuals by their bottoms. "What a fat/bubbly/tight, etc. [insert slang term for butt] he/she has," they might say. It's certainly not a crime to notice the physical attributes of others, but I can't see why a person would choose to be a walking commentary on butts. And of course it is not right to disparage any part of another person's body. So I'd advise those few butt-surveyors in question to keep in mind that a butt is just a butt, just as feet are feet. Even though sexual significance could be invested in both of those body parts, they are mostly just...parts of one's body.

Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like butts. Not just on a guy, but on a girl too. I like them round, I like them tight. I just like them. But please, keep them covered. I can't stand looking at bare butts, except baby butts. Those are the cutest

------------------
Every time someone says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' one falls over dead.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are unique!

I love my boyfriends butt....Growww

It completes a person, I mean can you picture someone without a butt?? It would be back then thighs!!! lol...

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fail to see the attraction also. Like I like how a guy's butt feels in your hands during sex..but other than that I wouldn't sit there and stare at them. I think that aside from sitting down, they're meant to be felt, not stared at. It feels good when someone (with your permission of course) is feeling yours.

------------------
"It beats me how Freud could say 'What do women want?' as if we all must want the same things." --Katharine Whitehorn, English journalist

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashleigh W
Activist
Member # 1352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashleigh W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im not really a butt-checker-out-er, but do think the butt is essential. sex, and sitting reasons. thats about it...i dont really find myself just...staring at butts.

-Ashleigh

Posts: 57 | From: USA...that's all you need to know! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would just like to say that I am very proud to have made a topic lots people are responding in! WOOHOO!

I am soooooooooooo proud!

Buh-Bye now!

Sillygirl

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
butt...butt...hmm...butt.
well, some butts are (to me) better than others. ryan doesn't really have much of a butt. but(hehe) it's there. i guess it has to be. it doesn't stick out or anything. hmm...
people tend to like my butt. they tell me about it. i think since i've gained a bit of weight lately that it's sticking out a bit more. almost "ghetto" if you will... i don't know. i don't mind it. it's quite helpful when it comes time to sit. sitting might get painful if it weren't for them two pillows known by all as "butt-cheeks".
my friend josh has a butt that my friend and i seem to favor. we've also noticed that dockers pants tend to make butts look good. but that's just our opinion... hehe
( | )<---butt?
all in all, i guess it just depends on my mood if i'm a "butt girl" or not... hmm

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broccolidiva
Activist
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broccolidiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also just don't understand. I mean, I can see that there is an attraction, just like the attraction to breasts, eyes, hair, etc... But what makes a nice butt? I've been told I have a nice butt, but to me, it looks like any ol' booty. It's good for sittin', though.

I'm not really interested in booty... unless it's pirate booty. Yarrrr... or something.

Love,
Brocc

Posts: 66 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always thought i had a ghetto booty, but then i was informed that what i have is really called a "bubble butt."

apparently, a ghetto booty refers to having a big butt and big thighs as well, where as a bubble butt is more, well, bubbly. like just the butt sticks out.

interesting stuff. lol

i love guys' clothed butts, but i couldn't care less about naked butts. and guy thighs are sorta ickym if you ask me. lol

em

------------------
Boys and girls in America have such a sad time together; sophistication demands that they submit to sex immediately without proper preliminary talk. Not courting talk - real straight talk about souls - for life is holy and every moment is precious. I heard the Denver and Rio Grande locamotive howling off in the mountains. I wanted to pursue my star further. -Kerouac

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh my god, Becky, look at her butt, it is SO big.....I like big butts and I can not lie." LOL, I love that song.

------------------
A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying "THAT WAS AWESOME!!"

If there's no chocolate in heaven, I ain't going

I Love You Dan!!

[This message has been edited by FlirtieGirlie (edited 07-04-2001).]

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.