Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Pink Slip » Ladies Room » Your Favorite Beatle?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your Favorite Beatle?
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Beatles were mentioned in the "Guy's Attributes" thread, so I figured I'd satisfy my curiosity--who was/is your favorite Beatle? I know, I'm pretty pathetic.

Mine: Paul, without a doubt.

Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, he was the smartest, most artistic one of the bunch. I also really like his post-Beatles work.

I do think it's a shame that George and Ringo didn't do more songwriting though- I love Yellow Submarine and Octopus's Garden.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George, no question. Since I was a wee one, no less.

Plus, in high school, I once hallucinated that every cloud had George on it. I considered it a cosmic clue.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John's my favourite.

I don't know why...

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John.
Ringo was sweet, and Octopus's Garden is a song everyone should know, George did some really cool things with aitars, and All Things Must Pass is a really good album, Paul had doe-eyes, and I love the causes he's working for now, but John was the best. He was the writer, songwriter, political one, one who realised what potential leaders like Pierre Trudeau had, one who bared all, physically and musically, househusband, feminist, and singer of the sweet (but unreleased) She's a Friend of Dorothy. And all this from a guy who'd started out as a homophobe and misogynist. I could go on, I really could, but all I'm going to say for now is that http://www.bagism.com is probably the best resource on him I know, and has wonderful webboards. Some posters, like John Mill, can be really informative.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John.
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ringo for me, baby. We have the same birthdays . July 7th. Though I DO think he is a few years older than I am...

------------------
"Honey, whose car is that in our driveway?"

"It's yours, Frank."

"It IS, isn't it?"

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though I didn't actually live within the beatles histeria time, my personal favourite is John Lennon, and I think I even preffer his solo work. When I was in NY 2 years ago I was at the Dakota's Building door and had pics taken at the Hard Rock Cafe there where there are some of their guitars and stuff bet you're all jealous

------------------
~Sallynha

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, Ringo, Paul, George.

Sorry Miz. S. I never really knew anything about George. In fact, he still seems like an inegma.

------------------
Best body type for a man? Chunky style. With extra gravy

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul. but i gotta give mad props to Ringo just for having that name

------------------
The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the universe is constantly moving to a state of greater entropy s, therefore, delta s is always greater than zero.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*euphoric sigh* John ... he's soooo dreammmmmmmy ...

Well ... not really. But he is cool. I like his voice.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quack, if you can find John doing Be My Baby, I think you'll like it. As far as I know, it's only on the solo Anthology, but it's sooo sexy . . .
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~*StarGazer*~
Neophyte
Member # 2066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~*StarGazer*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really too young for the whole Beatles thing. I was born way too late.

So I'll go with the pathetic answer of mine.

Ringo.

Because I just love his name.

------------------
These tears on my face/Are for you/I wish that I could hold you/Touch you, feel you/My heart is bleeding/Can't you see/I wish that you could hold me/Touch me, feel me

Posts: 37 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexy_Kitty14
Neophyte
Member # 1179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy_Kitty14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John!
but I'm a monkey's girl and heart...none of the beatles can beat davey's good looks...

Posts: 20 | From: Newfoundland, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefertiti
Neophyte
Member # 3050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertiti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joooooooohn!
Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol, you guys are all so neat! It was funny to read the reminiscinces.

[This message has been edited by Aquamarine (edited 05-04-2001).]

Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! When I opened this I thought you were going going to be talking about VW Beatles. I want a baby bluw or pink one...

------------------
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~
.:.Christine.:.
~*~.~*~.~*~.~*~

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GEORGE, all the way!!

Way to go Miz Scarlet!

George was just so cute!

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

"Whatever tomorrow brings I'll be there....
With open arms and open eyes...."

-Incubus

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.