Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Pink Slip » Ladies Room » BiKiNi BaBeS!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BiKiNi BaBeS!!
Camzie13
Activist
Member # 2908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camzie13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey...with summer comin up, i thought I would post bout bathin suits. Are you a bikini babe, or a tankini girl, or do you stick with the classic one piece. Also..what does your fave bathin suit look like.
Me first.. I am a faithful bikini babe, and I have about 4. I wear them all summer, cept for when I am surfin, in which case I wear a tankini, or my bikini with a wet shirt. My fave suit is a triangle bikini, with regular bottoms. It is red checkered, like a picnic blanket.

------------------
~Don't let in a bad relationship from the past ruin your present one; go through each relationship as if it was your first~
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Don't try to teach a pig to sing, it won't happen and it will piss off the pig.~
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Until you are prepared to support an "accident" baby, don't have sex in the first place!!~

Posts: 147 | From: NJ | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm ... I'm not all that picky, i guess.

I have a bikini, tankini and a regular bathing suit that i can actually swim in.

If i'm going swimming to actually swim, then i'll wear my one piece. It's nike and green and very nice. I can actually move w/o being worrying about losing part of it in the pool

My tankini is nice too. It's purple w/ stripes and doesn't make me look like a marshmallow (most do ... I have that wonderful pear shape that no one wants). I have a bikini that's blue w/ green flowery stuff on it, and i only wear that if i don't plan to move. I've almost lost my top more times than i can count ... so unless i'm suntanning or something, i don't wear it.

I'm defineatly a tankini girl. It's my fave

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tankini. with board shorts. i prefer to stay kinda covered up.

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a tankini girl mostly, but i like bikini's too.
My fave bathing suit is blue board shorts, with a blue tankini top that's covered in flowers, it's really cute. But i wanna get a new bikini top, hehe,

------------------
"A six foot tall anorexic bimbo,with plastic breasts is making me feel weird about my own body."
-Miss Bif Naked

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never owned a bikini. I've always been a swimmer, not out for show . My suits are usually pretty boring. Orange and black, the school colors, or just plain black.

I'm looking for a bikini this year though. I've finally gotten in shape (not to mention better self esteem), so I feel like flaunting it. The only problem is, I hate those bright colored neon hibiscus print suits. They hurt my eyes. Does anyone know where to find some toned-downed ones?

------------------
Best body type for a man? Chunky style. With extra gravy

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never in my life worn a bikini. Last summer my bathing suit was a black-and-white swimdress (the maternity kind, not the grandma kind!) with bottoms that came up to bust-level. This year, I bought a black one with attatched black nylon shorts -- looks like a swimsuit with running shorts, kind of. My idea swimming suit would be a wetsuit. *laughs*

------------------
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

Rock.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuddleslut
Activist
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuddleslut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like bikinis. Because I'm built oddly (I'm short with long legs, a small torso, and skinny, but with bigger boobs for my small size) one pieces never seem to fit right. They're always too big in the butt or two small in the chest or two long for my torso or something. I would wear a tankini, except I don't own one. I have a bikini that is green with a palm tree-ish backround--sort of like a hawaiian landscape. It's much brighter than one I would normally wear, usually I go for plainer ones. I also have a plain blue one, because of that. Swimming is cool.

------------------
It's sickening how comforting the privacy of the mind can be...

Posts: 120 | From: california...well, at least it sounds cool. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I'm a one-piece gal...and PROUD OF IT!!! It's blue and has a sorta collar...you know, like the ones you can find on cheongsams? Yeah that...it's pretty cool and unusual...that's why I like it.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tankini.

I bought a fab one some time ago. It's blue and has some kind of fab green lining.

But I haven't been able to use it yet because I can't go into the pool due to my piercing and I can't go into the sea coz I can't swim.

But I can always tan.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purple Lemonade
Activist
Member # 2674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple Lemonade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own a 7 bikinis and a tankini. If I'm not trying to get a tan, I usually put one of my bikinis on, underneath my tankini, for extra support.
And I don't like showing my legs, so I wear board shorts or board capris.

Posts: 54 | From: Manila, Philippines | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have 1 bathing suit. i bought it like 5 years ago. it's a sports top w/ boy short bottoms. it's too small though and my boobs sort of pop out of the top. it's not a good look for me.

so i think i need a new suit. i hardly ever swim though..i mostly need one for tanning (i know it's unhealthy, but i love it so. i sit in my yard and bake)...so i guess i'll get some kind of extremely skimpy bikini type thing. yay.

em

------------------
Tout est au mieux dans la meilleure des mondes possibles

Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds.
-Voltaire

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm always swimming, competitively or otherwise, so I have tons of one-piece suits. Tight, bright, faded, zippered, draggy, ripped, you name it. But darn it all, I don't have any bikinis, even though I go to the beach so much. I think I'll go out and get one for this summer.

Favorite one-piece: either some blue/purple or red/black suit. Made by Speedo

Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I have a crush on a tie dyed one piece from Sears. I've never had a 2-piece, but if I got one, I'd go for a modest tankini. I'm with you, aria: my ideal bathing suit is a wetsuit
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only owned one bikini in my entire life, and I've never worn it in the water, lol. My mom was always paranoid about us showing too much skin, so I've always worn one pieces, whether I liked it or not. So now I've got one, and I hardly ever go swimming, so I never get to wear it.

I'd love to be able to wear a tankini, but I'm one of those people blessed with a short torso, so when I put one on, the top overlaps the bottom by a good inch and a half usually, lol.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"What is the odds so long as the fire of soul is kindled..."
~Charles Dickens

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlinkN*boys182
Activist
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlinkN*boys182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, wouldnt I love to were a tankini or a bikini, i'm just to big all around to wear something like that so I stick to one pieces. my favorite one i have is dark blue/ lt. blue and has a racing back w/ some pretty cool palm trees on it.

------------------
Daddy would u like some saugages?

Posts: 60 | From: over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pink, have you looked in major department stores like Dillards or Macy's? That's where I usually get mine and I haven't had a problem finding tone-downed bikinis amongst all the bright colors in the store. I've found a solid blue bikini, a gray bikini, a dark blue bikin with red stitching, and my recent favorite, a pinkish nude bikini.

You might want to try jcrew.com and esprit.com also. I love JCrew bikinis but I'm too broke this summer to get any. I think Calvin Klein makes the best bikinis. They're usually solid colors in gray, white, black, forest green, burgundy, dark blue, or that pinkish nude color. The cuts are always very simple and flattering. You might want to give that a shot.

------------------
You know, Hobbes, sometimes even my lucky rocketship underpants don’t help. -Calvin

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually stick to bikinis. One peice bathing suits make my belly look larger than it really is, and I found that with two peice suits, it kinda blends in. ? I don't know how I could make that make more sense. But if I get a bikini I don't buy the ones with the high-cut bottom- usually just the semi-shorts ones. Last year I bought a tankini and I really liked it- it had some kind of bra thing built in for added support and it covered my stomach. So, all that said, I like tankinis best of all.

I don't really have a favorite bathing suit yet, although I did see a really cute one last summer. It was two peices and it looked like the american flag. Stars, stripes, and all.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!

"At one point we decided to fight fire with fire. Well...basically...your house burned even faster."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexy_Kitty14
Neophyte
Member # 1179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy_Kitty14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a tankini and a one piece. Both solid black. Both very comfortable. I'm not a huge fan of two pieces....I'm big on top and always feel like I'm falling out of most of them

------------------

Posts: 20 | From: Newfoundland, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, hell, I haven't worn a *real* bathing suit since I was a little kid. The closest I get are those boy-cut swim shorts and a tank that shows my stomach. When my stomach is toned (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't...I'm working on it at the moment) I have a nice little belly. I can proudly say that its one of the cute ones and is slightly rounded...so tank tops are good for me. *rubs her tummy and pats her head*

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downward...

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarWonderer
Neophyte
Member # 3147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarWonderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bikini baby!!!

This year I bought this awesome one at Wal-Mart!! My fave store!!! It is a string bikini w/ boy cut bottoms!! It is this awesome blue snake skin print!! I was so lucky to find one to fit my tiny boobs!! :P But I have always been a true-blue bikini lover no matter what size of boobs I have!!!

Posts: 32 | From: Tiffin, Ohio, United States | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like string bikines, they ar just great! eventhough i'm not thin, or flawless or anything, i rock those babes, i love them, also, i wanna get a really LOW cut black one peice!

give me two peices of fabric and sandels and i'll be happy.

Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im for aLL thrEE! i have my suits for swim practice, generated by spEEdo. i have this adorable roxy one piece. i use it for life guarding in the suMMer. the back is nice and low AND wide cut (i dont know how to describe it any other way ). i have one tankini i wear surfing from old navy and other *modest* bikinis.

i love em!

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purple256
Neophyte
Member # 3566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Purple256     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 tankinis right now. One of them is plain black and the other is blue with green jungle foliage all over it which is my favorite. I would love to get a halter top bikini sometime though, but I'm afraid of losing the top while swimming or something

------------------
Note: Best viewed in font Sarcasm.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nefertiti
Neophyte
Member # 3050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertiti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One-peices, and occasionally a tankini. I just feel more comfortable when I'm covered up a little. That reminds me... I need to go swimsuit shopping...

------------------
I love deadlines. I especially like the whoosing sound they make as they fly by.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me i like tankinis with surf shorts. i just found the cutiest tankini too! yeah!!! but i also like 1 piece when i want to really swim cause i am a big swimmer!

------------------
Cate!

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a one piece that has a really nice palm-tree print and fits great so it's my favorite, but I'm currently looking for a sports-bra-type-top with board shorts bottom.
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a bikini girl for sure! But at first not by choice..

I am a very slim tall girl with very little breasts.. so when it comes to getting a suit that fits me in length.. i can't fill out the breasts on it!

Oh well.. i don't mind it now... but i do recall the first time I wore a bikini i felt really "revealed" Hehhehe

Now I like it... and I love me.. so why not!?

------------------
I love me! You should love you too!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by sillygirl182 (edited 05-10-2001).]

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 "Baha Blue" tankinis that fit me really well because they have a 'racer-back' style and a j. crew tankini that's adorable..a few one-piece speedos and a one-piece mossimo that I used to wear to swim practice, and a few bikinis that are kinda crop top - I guess like a tankini, but shorter..bandeau top, that's it. Some with straps, some without.

I'm still searching for the perfect string bikini. I need to find one to fit my biggish chest (34C on a 5'1 frame), and I haven't found the right fit. Any suggestions? I'm not into the bikinis that are built like underwire bras.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daydreamer
Neophyte
Member # 3660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daydreamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like bathing suits that look good on me I dont care what THEY look like shape wise just how they look on me I am 5'1 and have a big chest little belly and a biger behind so what fits ill wear I also like showing a little breast b/c I think women should show what they like NOT ALOT but in my case i wear a bakini top and boy cut short style bottoms it works for big butt people lol

------------------
*You are a goddess we all are.
*You are a princess we all are.
*You are an angel we all are.
*Amy*

Posts: 22 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonofdarkness
Neophyte
Member # 4420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonofdarkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me? well, call me old fashioned, but I have one pieces...cool patterns and colors though...and oh yeah, I have this really cute tankini made out of this stretchy deninm (sp????) stuff...it's really cute...k, that's all
Shanna

Posts: 28 | From: Colorado Springs, CO USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broccolidiva
Activist
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broccolidiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have all three. Unfortunately, I have big boobs, so despite the fact that I have a lovely tummy (well worth showing off, IMHO), 1 piece bathing suits go best for me.

The problem is that I have a small butt and I'm a 34DD. Even with bigger tops and smaller bottoms, the back and straps of my bikini become way too big for me. As much as I wish I was, I'm not as good with a sewing machine as I'd like to be.

For some reason, the one piece just fits me better (in terms of the length, bust and butt.)

Love,
Brocc

Posts: 66 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carol
Activist
Member # 1661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like one piece suits and tankinis. i also have bikinis for when i am out in the yard or at friends houses . i guess i am a little modest about being too revealing/
Posts: 43 | From: brick | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girly2499
Activist
Member # 4188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girly2499     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe this is just me but tankinis like make me look chubby. they have the tendency to push my stomach down and the bottoms push it up. and one pieces just don't work for me. i'm a bikini girl
Posts: 87 | From: nebraska, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WonderousWhitney
Neophyte
Member # 2920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonderousWhitney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bikini!

Right now i have a bright blue bikini with silver sparkles! It is so fab! It like shines so much no one can miss me! It ties at the top and like hooks at the back. The bottoms are jus normal in the sam print! I have got alot of comments on it so i love it!
But i also have an awesome american eagle tankini! It is white covered with hawaiian flowers! it has like a lil hole at the top that scrunches and ties and has 2 beads on the stings! the bottoms are the same print and regualr cut...
One pieces- Ewwww hate em! I love my body Im pretty slim and fit so I wanna flaunt it! (but not too much!)

Have a great summer!
~Whitney~

Posts: 12 | From: Lancaster,Ohio,US | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WonderGirl16
Neophyte
Member # 4331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonderGirl16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a black and white sports bra-type top w/ black boy-type shorts w/ white stripes down the side. i'm not much for showing off my stomach so i have replaced the original top w/ a black tankini top. i dont swim in public places, so who cares what it looks like :P

------------------
.*.Nicki.*.

~*~Nicki was here,
But now she's gone.
She wrote her name
to turn you on~*~

Posts: 19 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.