Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Pink Slip » Ladies Room » make up... is it worth it? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: make up... is it worth it?
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crusher165     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was just wondering... does everyone think that to look good u have to have make up on? and people w/ perfect skin stay out of it
seriously though... what do guys think of lots of make up?
or girls...
does u like it or is it a turn off?
just wondering

------------------
~i never knew u
but your action effected
my life
but who knew what u'd do?
seeing as...
i never knew you

Posts: 36 | From: i'll tell you when i get there! ;b | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, if you have problem skin, vast amounts of makeup just make it look worse and keep it from healing (and don't try that noncomodeogenic stuff with me, it ain't flyin').

But I think of makeup like dress-up clothes when I was little. It's fun to play with, it's a bit like costuming, and decorating yourself -- if you're doing it not to hide you, but to celebrate you -- is always good and is usually fun.

But I'm of the mind that people look great with it or without it, unless they have ten pounds of it on, or it totally hides their faces. Then it looks more than a little icky.

When I see someone who is having fun smiling because they have a shiny red lipstick on, who is getting a chuckle out of fluttering false eyelashes, or who is simply enjoying the skin they're in, it makes me happy, and it makes them attractive, because it's clear they're enjoying who they are and are having fun with it.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you consider Carmax as make-up? That's what I wear mostly,keeps my lips soft .

I think lots of make-up is gross. I hate it when girls but so much on that it makes it look like they need a brillo pad to scrub it off. Just think of all the hard work they do to put it on and at the end of the day they have to wash all it off. How annoying! How pointless.

I say if you have "perfect" skin stay away from it. Why? Because in middle school I was one of those girls who wore tons of make-up and my skin was really dry and clamy. Then in 8th grade I stop wearing it because I didn'r have time in the morning to put it on. I've noticed my skin became alot softer and smoother then before. So ever since I never but on anymore base or fundation.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, make-up's worth it if we're planning some serious Rocky Horror watching, or I feel like dressing up (just like Miz Scarlet said; it's more about play than anything else). But I know a lot of girls who feel they need to wear the stuff to be socially acceptable. It just ain't so. I used to feel that I really should wear it, just because, but realise now that I'm usually just happier without it.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh I love Rocky Horror ! Frank is so cute with the blue eyeshadow...

Personally, I like make up. But nothing more than some powder and mascara. That's all I'll wear. And maybe some eyeliner if I'm awake enough.

I hate it when people wear too much make up (unless it's Frank). The thing that's really popular at my school which makes me want to rip peoples eyelids off is that creamy, metallic eyeliner. Half the people who wear can't even apply it right, either. I think make up is there to cover little flaws, not to make a complete mockery of your face.

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to wear makeup to school everyday... and pretty dresses and skirts with cute shoes. Geez, what happened? Now I just go bouncing around with no makeup on, comfy pants, and sneakers. I don't feel like I have to dress up and wear makeup to look pretty either. I think that's the coolest feeling.

I still love to dress up if I'm doing something special but as for everyday things, dragging myself out of bed is difficult enough. Makeup would be a big hassle even though it took 5 minutes anyway. It smears and fades, you end up looking worst than when you first woke up. I'd rather not deal with it.

Another big bonus, nice skin. I used to hate my skin so I just covered it up with foundation. I was a genius. Clogging my pores did not lead to better skin. I slowly stopped wearing makeup over the summer (humid weather and makeup, yuck). My skin got better so no need for foundation. My boyfriend says I'm more beautiful without makeup anyway. He's a nice guy.

[This message has been edited by SlowCookie (edited 01-13-2001).]

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really the only time you'll see me in make-up is when I'm on stage.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh I love make up. I could go on for days about it. I'm a real bimbo at heart. Heh.

Nah. I just like those pretty colours and powders and stuff. I don't have great skin which is why I use make up as coverage. But I use a great cleanser and make up remover which is very important. Can't stress that enough.

I love seeing girls who have beautifully tanned skin and they use nothing but blusher and lip gloss. Man, those girls look fab. Maybe I like the way they look coz I cannot tan. My tan lasts for exactly a day.

My guy loves me without makeup too. Even though I have scars and all. He likes me in my t-shirt and shorts with no make up and my specs. He's weird.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crusher165     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah, lin...
he's not weird
i think most guys like to see their g/f at the vulnerable stage... asleep:0 or w/out make up..
lol
no, really.. it just proves how much he likes you the real u
it's cool...
in the summer i go w/out make up and only use lipgloss if even that.. but i'm not tan i'm like 'cream' at my tannest:0
and it's really funny cause my guy is apachee.. so he's really brown and gorgeous.. while i'm the opposite lol oh well, he doesn't seem to mind

------------------
~i never knew u
but your action effected
my life
but who knew what u'd do?
seeing as...
i never knew you

Posts: 36 | From: i'll tell you when i get there! ;b | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kechara
Neophyte
Member # 2259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kechara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with makup is that some of it feels icky and *all* of it wears off if you keep touching it. It is a very silly idea to wear lipstick when one is going to be aroudn one's boyfriend or girlfriend. My girlfriend wears black lipstick a lot and I think the record for it staying on when we are in the same place is, um, 10 minutes. I personaly avoid makeup. except for glitter. I do like glitter. glitter is fun. even if it does get all over everything and everyone... no, *espcecally* when it gets all over everyone and everything. I like marking my territory
Posts: 33 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate make up. My ex boyfriend hated me when I didn't wear it, so I dumped him. I think people are beautiful without hiding themselves. Makeup just makes me feel like I'm putting up a false face to the world.

Stay Happy

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes its so worth it, I wear make up all the time, I feel bear without it. I get up and go to skool and I have to 'put my face on' heheh...but I like it, its easy to use and I dont pay for it...lol, sometimes I do, but not all the time....I feel comfertable now to not wear makeup around my hunny, cuz he says Im beautiful in anyway. (awww). :blushes:

But if I go out, I have to put on my makeup....You get used to it, and most of the girls I know wear makeup...Im such a gurlie gurl.

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i generally don't mind makeup. If i'm feeling sassy or something, i'll put on a little eyeliner and lipgloss maybe... but nothing heavy, i can't wear foundation due to crappy skin... sometimes a LITTLE powder to suck up the oil...

but usually, i'm au naturel.

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really like it. Most of the times that I have worn it, I think I looked like a stupid painted doll. It's a personal decision though. I just don't like the fake feeling it gives me and I think I look better without it anyway.

The last time I wore makeup was for a Halloween party. I went as a harem girl. So I did my eyes with really heavy eyeliner, and wore really dark, dramatic lipstick (since I did have to take my viel off to eat). That was fun, because it was part of the costume and I was supposed to look over the top. In normal circumstances though, I'm more than happy to let the makeup that I do own (a few people have given me a fair bit in gifts over the years) gather dust in my bottom drawer.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear eyeliner and either very dark red or brown lipstick. I can't wear foundation or powder or any of that crap, because it's all too dark for my skin. Unless I buy the Morbid stuff at Hot Topic, which is literally -white-. Perhaps i should go out in the sun more often...

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, makeup is another excuse to wear more colors. I have a fondness for color. I like nail polishes because of the wider spectrum of colors available. True, lipstick comes in every shade under the rainbow and thensome, nowadays, but you can't get away with thesame color variations.

Sorry to break it to some of you, but blue lipstick looks ridiculous no matter how you try it. People who wear blue lipstick look like they're cyanotic and need CPR.

I can't do much in terms of eyeshadow and foundtation because of my skintone. And eyeliner is a chore because of the shape of my eyes. And because I'd rather sleep the extra ten minutes, I often can't be bothered to wear makeup at all. Who's to impress nowadays?

I was at Nordstroms today and found this fabulous nail color at the Hard Candy counter. It's called Groove and it iridesces green, mauve and gold under various lights. Splendid!

I am fond of: Hard Candy (great nail polishes), Urban Decay (the Gash set), Smashbox (Anti-Shine), BeneFit (Kitten disco powder puffs) and EsteeLauder (to cover my most basic of cosmetic needs).

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue lipstick? Okaaaaaay.

Anyway I was about to post as well that nail polish is my favourite kind of make up. I just painted my nails a gorgeous shade of purple that day and I love it. Makes me feel all dressy even though I'm not.

Are we listing our fave brands here? Cool.

Love Urban Decay for its Lip Gunk. Area 51 totally rocks. L'Oreal's Asian range coz the colours really suit my skin. MAC's eyeshadows stay on and on and on. Basically I buy alot of different brands. Pharmacy ones and stuff like Chanel. Could go on but I won't.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Just A Girl*
Neophyte
Member # 2293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Just A Girl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most makeup I wear is blush & mascara. I'm obssesed with lip glosses & chapstick,lol.

------------------
Don't stereotype..... www.maturefanclub.com
We're not all teenagers ya know;)

Posts: 8 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wmskick007
Neophyte
Member # 2375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wmskick007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't neccesserarily(thats way misspelled) think that I always have to wear make-up, but I feel sooo much better, so much more attractive, and lots more confident in myself when I do wear it. Most guys that I have talked to about make-up (guy friends, step-brothers, brothers, etc.) say that they prefer their girlfriends looking natural and comfortable which usually consists of no make-up and comfy clothes.
Posts: 18 | From: Cartersville, GA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really really don't like make up. For some reason when I wear it it makes me look like a man in drag. Which is bad, really (no offence to men in drag of course).
Some eyshadow for parties etc, and concealar for exceptionally large zits, but nothing else. What really annoys me is how it always seems to be the girls with six inches of bright orange foundation that the lads like. But I will not give in. Grrrr

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lintu
Neophyte
Member # 238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lintu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear makeup whenever I go out now, but not a whole lot. I have foundation that is basically tinted sunscreen, which is great because I never could get into the habit of wearing sunscreen unless I was going swimming or playing soccer. Really though the only necessity I have is for a little eyeliner and some mascara. I have big green eyes but my lashes are literally almost transparent (I'm fair-skinned and light-haired) so I have to use something to make them stand out a little. It makes a big difference.

Because of my complexion, I don't wear much more on my lips than lip gloss or shine. I am a big fan of the little Gap lip gloss thingies. They taste good and keep your lips really soft!

-Laurie-

PS I'm 18 on Tuesday...woohoo =)

Posts: 33 | From: Dallas, TX, USA (sometimes) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

lintu... 18 on tue.. not fair!!! anyways since this is bout make-up i'll get back on the subject..lol
i never wear macara.. doesn't do anything for me... i'm really fair skinned but blessed w/ dark brows and lashes... and golden blond hair... but not so great skin... at least not all the time
i agree w/ whoever(sorry don't member the name) said that when they wear make-up they're more self confident.. i know i am. but i also know that if i have to wear make up.... i won't.. that's just the way i am. i don't wear make-up for the boys. i wear it for me... so that's my perspective on my make up

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black liquid eyeliner and white lipstick - mixed with a bit of clear gloss - occasionally even fake eyelashes - but this stuff goes with knee boots, mini shifts and actual stockings; basically, full 'sixties style drag. It's fun, especially for going out, but it doesn't happen much.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raviolichic
Neophyte
Member # 2118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raviolichic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love makeup, in moderation.

I don't mind the time it takes to put on because I feel just as good without the stuff.

But on a daily basis, I use a little Covergirl makeup stick (it blends easily and it's not greasy or drying). I also wear Covergirl shine-absorbing powder to even out my skin tone. Most of the time I'll add plain black Old Navy mascara, Bath and Body Works chapstick, peachy or light pink Clinique blush, a caramel-colored lipliner from Maybelline, and just a hint of Jane lipstick in Partly Peach.

It sounds like a lot, but I am VERY careful with my quantities. Also, I try and apply my makeup in front of a mirror with a natural light source, because fluorescent lighting can do awful things to my appearance.

Some of my other favorites are Clinique Stay the Day eyeshadows (non-smudging!), Bonne Belle Sponge On Sparklers for lips (yum), and alllll kinds of nailpolish. I like Sinful, Hard Candy, Revlon Streetwear, Sweet Georgia Brown, you name it! Today my tips are iridescent purple with silver glitter

------------------
~*!Raviolichic!*~

Posts: 14 | From: Whitehall, PA, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh wow! makeup

what's that really smart word that means you do something out of a habbit and you don't really even notice you do it?

well that describes my makeup routine. i can't leave the house without, i'd feel too ashamed and naked

too much, and it looks like a sloppy mess.
certain people with freckles and pretty skin look better without it at all. i think lighter is prettier though

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icedeyes
Neophyte
Member # 2526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icedeyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About this topic. My boyfriend hates when I wear makeup. And its funny because I dont wear a lot anyway. I dont have perfect skin. I have imperfections and i have rosy cheeks so i like to wear powder. but he likes me natural and so whenever he comes over i love it because i can run and get my pjs on and wash my face and he'll love me just the same! i advise to show yourself if your comfortable with it. try not to make yourself put on more of a mask than u have to.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candi
Neophyte
Member # 2353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some girls have beautiful skin and they probably wouldn't want to cover it up. On the other hand, some girls want to just cover their imperfect skin. I personaly love make up! It is your choice to wear it or not so you have to *make up* your own mind!
Posts: 20 | From: Highland,IN | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooooh, I missed out on this topic!

I confess: I love make-up.

I just like playing with my looks, no matter whether its my hair or the colour of my toe nails or my lips. Thing is, I am not stressing about make up anymore, which I did when I was younger. You wouldn't have caught me out of the house without some form of coverage or mascara....well, most days, you still don't, but I have started to like looking at me in the mirror without make up and actually liking me! Good, eh?
What I like about make up is that I can switch into different roles with as little as a darker lipstick and a dark eyeshadow (that's when you get to see DangerousSeductiveAlaska™). However I already know that nothing will get on my face.
Ah, the freedom of choice.

My partner likes me without makeup. He doesn't *prefer* me without makeup, but he says that I simply don't need it. But then, he loves me when I wake up, with really wild hair.....guess that must be love.

As for brands, I am all for MAC. Big time.

I told you, people, I'm a feminist in disguise.

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'rin
Activist
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'rin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't wear much makeup on a daily basis, but i do think makeup can be fun. there's a couple of eyeshadows, some maskara, and a few lip sticks in my purse. some days i bother using them and some days i don't (i never use foundation because my skin breaks out really badly when i do).
Posts: 219 | From: lost in yonkers | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make up has everything to do with mood for me. I will wear foundation (neutrogena oil free) but no too often because then my skin starts looking blotchy, and i get more pimples even if it is oil free. I love LOVE eye makeup. I love the glamorous look for eyes. I wear it all... eyeliner eyeshadow mascara. But again, that is a mood thing. I never wear lipstick because if i wear makeup i always do my eyes up and wearing color on my lips looks tacky with the way i do my eyes.

My b/f doesnt like makeup either. I look great without it though so i dont mind so much.

Oh yeah, at some bazaar thing i went to this lady was selling this super expensive lipstick that doesnt come off for like 24 hours or something. I made out with my b/f and the free sample i got didnt even really fade. But it was like 40 bucks for one color.

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devil_Diva_2000
Neophyte
Member # 2442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devil_Diva_2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres my view...I think, for me anyway,that it IS worth it. It makes me feel pretty, confident and grown up. I think whether it is worth it or not depends entirely on the person. If makeup enhances your self esteem, then its worth it. But if it only replaces a void in your self esteem then its not. I guess you just have to know where to draw the line...Thank for listening
Posts: 20 | From: Bangor/Maine/USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *evil*vampiress*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love makeup personally , i love expressing myself artisticly everyday differently , with vines , thorns , or spiderwebs etc in all colours!...people may call me a freak but hey im happy and thats all that matters!

------------------
kiss and kill me sweetly...

Posts: 36 | From: ontario, canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DancingSunshine
Neophyte
Member # 2893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DancingSunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makeup? What's that? J/k. I wear it... like a few times a year. At recitals and competitions where you have to, then once in awhile just for fun. Like at a sleepover or something. I stay pretty much makeup free though, just because I don't like it. It's so stereo-typical that all girls wear pouns of makeup.

------------------
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music!

Posts: 32 | From: Shoebox | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly In my opinion tons of makeup doesn't look good on anybody. If you're going to wear the stuff, apply it sparingly. I DO wear makeup though. Not enough to make me look cheap, but I don't think I would ever leave the house without it. I think girls who go for the natural look look good- more power to em. But I can't get away with it- I don't exactly have a clear complexion and my eyes are really undefined.~

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel35323
Neophyte
Member # 2942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel35323     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear makeup...all the time. I dont over do it though like some people. I do the whole eye thing though. I dont wear anything on my lips except lip gloss cuz it doesnt look right with my eyes. It makes me feel more confident. My bf hates when i wear make up though, he prefers me au naturel.
Posts: 3 | From: nc | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.