Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Pink Slip » Ladies Room » can we please compare nips?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can we please compare nips?
ponderer
Neophyte
Member # 1903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cindy here.... i am uncomfortable with my nips, and i would request that some other teenage girls here... aged about 13-18... just so i can compare my self... just knowing were i am will make me more comfortable.... im about 1 and a half inches across not quite.... from left to right of course.. my breasts a b size..if that helps at all...

Posts: 6 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're including the areola into the measurement.

anyway, that's about average. and a 34B is the statistical average amongst women.

have no fear, you're normal.

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ponderer
Neophyte
Member # 1903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great. is there anyone that can give me a size, just so i know... im ok i guess if you dont due to your reassuring words, and all, but you know, im still a little not sure. thank you sooo much
Posts: 6 | From: canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen normal nipples/aureole that were barely an inch across. I have seen normal nipples/aureole that were probably a good four inches across. And I've seen nipples and aureole on just about every place on the spectrum in between. Mine are on the small side. My last two girlfriends have had very large nipples, compared to me. We're all normal.

I can pretty much guarantee you that you're absolutely 100% normal in the nipple department. As long as you aren't experiencing any pain, discharge from the nipple, or marked changes in the color, size, or shape of your nipples or aureole, you're probably A-OK.

By the way, in pregnant women, nipples and aureole get even bigger than they do when you are not pregnant. That's absolutely normal, too.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just so you feel better i will tell you that my nipples/areole are almost 2 inches across. i do not like the look of them, but i havent had any complaints.
Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ponderer
Neophyte
Member # 1903

nipples ripp eh?? all so differently sized and yet they all seem to have an erotic feel about them. 2 inches. cool
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, i'll fess up, i have very large areolæ. but y'know what? i like 'em. they're slightly more than 2 inches across (my boyfriend say's they're almost large enough to be their own breasts, but he's definitely not complaining) and they're very sensitive. what's not to love about that?

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some KRAZY OL' nips myself, you can definalty see when Im cold, I hate it becuause my boyfriend thinks its funny, cuz Im always cold, and a couple of my (guy) friends that like to stare at my nipplys and they call me highbeam, some guys are just really werid. But oh well I LOVE MY NIPPY NIP NIPS, tee hee

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine are about 1 1/2- 2 inches....it's not like i sit there are measure it .

**hides measuring tape**

------------------
**Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted**

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR
^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine are about an inch and 1/2

you can totally see mine when i'm cold (& i'm usually cold). so i was wondering...what can i do so you don't see them through my shirts? a friend told me to use bandaids but that hurts a lot when you take the bandaid off. is there some other way?

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"No guy is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, you can just get used to it, unless it makes you horribly uncomfortable, in which case you can:

- wear thicker clothing
- wear bars with molded cups or padding
- or act truly bizarre and bring a space heater with you everywhere you go.

Want to see something utterly terrifying? It made me cringe twenty-seven ways to Sunday.
http://www.bodyperks.com/

Capitalism is scary. Don't say I didn't warn you.

And I am also a satisfied member of the large areolae club. Bodies come in all shaps and sizes folks, it's okay. Really.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 16 November 2000).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, honestly, i think my areole areola are bigger than my boobs ... LOL Really, it feels that way sometimes. But they just look big to me. Not that it bothers me tho, cuz the only people that see them are me and my bf ... and if he doesn't like the way my nipples look, too bad. If he's gonna be picky, he can look at his own for the rest of his life ... hehe

I went to that site Mz S. ... That is freaking hilarious!! I don't know why anyone would put out money for something that most people try to hide. And using a body part to attract a member of the opp. sex (or the same sex, either way) is wrong isn't it? Then when you feel that your partner is in the relationship for the wrong reasons, you're probably right ... Sad but true.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ponderer
Neophyte
Member # 1903

one way to hid them is to put a little tiny peice of cotton ball right were your nipple is and when it gets cold, the cotton will absorb it. i used to have that problem..

i guess us large nippled women should stay together, and drive the male community mad...

nipples are my favorite part of the body.

cindy

Pretty N Pink
Neophyte
Member # 1874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pretty N Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my nipples are about the size of a half dollor and my actual nipple is a lil bigger then a pea.. hehe.. i always hated them.. but guys seem to love em.. so i guess i cant complain.

my one girlfriends has really tiny nips.. but the area around is prolly 4 or 5 inches accross.. =oT

------------------
PinK
"The best thing about being a women is the perogative to have a little fun."

Posts: 2 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoupPrincess
Activist
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought I should speak out as the lone voice of small nippled women.

My small nipples rock!!! In fact, any size is great.

ummm... Thats it.

Posts: 47 | From: Bloomington IL (the boringest place on earth) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the depictions I've seen of breasts are supposed to be the "perfect" breast... large, but with tiny nipples (now how do they manage that?) Consequently, I've always hated my nipples/areolae because I thought they were too big. I've thought they looked so much nicer when suitably confined and molded by a bra. Sigh, it's so hard to let go of these standards...

I remember one ad in a British magazine (unfortunately for a company that I'm not too fond of) that really captivated me during puberty... it's one of a row of women wearing loincloth things and nothing else, a black and white double page spread... anyway, their breasts were all so different! I was amazed!

Anyway, about the cold nipple thing. I'm always cold, but I'm usually wearing loose clothes, so "frippleitis," as my friend calls it, is not a problem.

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carol
Activist
Member # 1661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love my nipples, they stick out about3/4 inch. i love when my highbeams are on when i go out. my bf tries to cover them up.
Posts: 43 | From: brick | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 1 1/2 inch areole. I am ok with my breasts, for the most part. My b/f loves them. The only real problem I have with them is that I dont like WHERE my nipples are. This is also the idealistic breast ruinging my self image. I think my nipples are too low on my breast... But I am comming to terms with my insecurities.
Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildChica
Activist
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildChica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My goodness...I feel so small! Heh-heh. My areola are only about 3/4 of an inch across. But then, I'm only a AA cup, so I guess it's proportional.

How I love paddes bras...

J.

------------------
"Her laugh turned to a moan at the first ripple in her bones.
She tensed her thighs and abdomen to will the change on, and
clutched the night air like a lover as her fingers lengthened
and her nails sprouted...The night, she thought, the sweet night"

Posts: 87 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rizzo, naked women in British magazines are actually pretty common, I kid you not. My nipples are . . .hmm, on the big side. Actually they look like Samantha Fox's, which is slightly creepy, but no one who's ever seen them has ever complained. And carol, your boyfriend tries to cover your pokey nipples? Doesn't that just make it all the more obvious, or was that the point?
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjdegs79
Neophyte
Member # 1978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjdegs79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.......you sound PERFECT !!!....as amatter of fact....YOU ALL DO !!!!!
Posts: 10 | From: Everytown,U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rizzo - I am also always amazed by how different yet all beautiful breast are in real life in contrats to what is portrayed in the media as *perfect*.

There was a wonderful series over at Smile and act nice called "Personal Breast - 12 essays on twelve pairs" which is definitely worth a read.

And just for the record...my areolae are on the larger side I guess...but they go well with my breasts, so I am fine with them.

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mjdegs, by my figuring, we all are.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
squints
Neophyte
Member # 2246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for squints     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine are funny. *laughs* They're the exact size of the end of my boob. I don't know... 1 1/2 inches? Who knows! *laughs* It sucks though! I think they're ugly. I used to have those little whiteheads or whatever on them but they've cleared up. I still hate it because you either have to rub it the right way, or it has to be the perfect temperature for them to stick out any - and you still can hardly tell...The freakers get hard, but aren't worth crap half the time. Blah, piece of crap body, anyhow.
Posts: 9 | From: Lock Haven, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

squints, ugly though you may find your nipples, trust me, they'd be fantasy material for lots and lots of guys. And I can say this without even seeing them. A lot of guys really do like them on the larger side, including the one currently sitting next to me.
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gEEz guys...i never even gave my nips a second thought! i mean...i know they're a liTTle on the big side. considering i'm only a 32A. but i gueSs everybody's diFFerent. and guys wiLL probably dig them anyway...not everyday they get 2 be near such a beautiful thing as a gurl's body.
Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, Ms. S. HeHe (I don't recall which ms. miss, or mrs. Sorry !) That site is very strange. EeK! For a little kid my nips are a little on the non-petite side of things. It's okay though, I havn't ever been told my boobs were too big or anything I guess. Whatever

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

How'd I miss that site?! That's so creepy -- but at the same time I alomost want a pair so I could say 'hey, look at my nipples!', pull them out of my pocket, and watch peoples' faces -- but I'm sometimes just too easily amused.
mia
Neophyte
Member # 2403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My nipples are the size of dinner plates.

Well, no, but they're pretty big. Pale pink and flat when not stimulated/cold. Like... pale pink flat dinner plates.

They're just nips.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.