Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » Pink Slip » Ladies Room » When Your Rag Surprises You?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When Your Rag Surprises You?
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering what do you do when your rag surprises you, and how do you get out any stains? Just wondering people's methods...

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
che11y
Neophyte
Member # 1094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for che11y     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mum tends to soak my nickers in salty water for a few hours and then puts them in the washing machine - does the trick!

Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salty water? I'll have to try that. Usually I just make the stream of water from the tap as strong as possible, and then wash them out with soap. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually fill up my sink with hot water, let them soak for a couple hours, take them out, put some Zout stuff on them (Zout is like my savior. LOL), and wash them on the normal cycle...It usually gets at least 98% of the stain out

------------------
i woke up one morning in november and realized i love you - phish

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually fill up my sink with hot water, let them soak for a couple hours, take them out, put some Zout stuff on them (Zout is like my savior. LOL), and wash them on the normal cycle...It usually gets at least 98% of the stain out

------------------
i woke up one morning in november and realized i love you - phish

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelsBrat
Activist
Member # 563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelsBrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ... I'm on the pill, so it rarely surprises me But if it does, I just soak my undies in water, then make this weird kind of paste thing w/ salt and water and just put it on the stain until i'm ready to wash them in the washer! Most of the time it works ...
Posts: 55 | From: Toronto,Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how would I go about making this blood-eating paste?

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've heard about this blood eating past before (lol, you always make me laugH!) and I'm pretty sure you just take some salt in like, a lil cup or bowl, and then add water slowly till it's thick, not watery, but slushy...yeah, think slurpee! Till it looks like a pina colada slurpee...but I may be wrong.

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelsBrat
Activist
Member # 563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelsBrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Pixie69 pretty much has the right idea You don't need a lot of salt, just enough to cover up the stain.

OR (!!) if you wanna save some time and make one big jar of it, you can do that too. It's the same idea tho, just take as much salt as you think you will need and enough water to make it into a paste. Don't make it watery enough so that it runs, just enough so that it will stick to your undies w/o making a mess of it

And if there is more than just one person on the rag at a time, this is perfect because instead of you all making little spoons of paste, you can take turns making a jar of it, for those surprises

You can all just call me the Martha Stewart of Scarleteen hehe

Posts: 55 | From: Toronto,Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cold water is best for getting out blood stains. usually hot water makes it a stain
Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(just laughing and laughing)

You guys just kill me sometimes.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet*howl
Activist
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet*howl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, salt huh? I've never heard or even thought of it. Cool. I'll really have to try that. My uterus likes to randomly shed lining in the middle of my cycle, so I get little surprises every mow and then. Thanks

------------------
-Sweet*howl

Knowledge is power, use it wisely

Posts: 62 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Activist
Member # 374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ophelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweet*howl:

okay, just wanted to say that your signature thingie is very cool! My Dojo has the same saying...Knowledge is Power, and I want to get a tatoo of Knowledge & Power's Japanese symbols right smack-dab on my back. It's all so great. But, just thought that you might want to know that I love it!

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Posts: 72 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.