Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Severe anxiety pregnancy scare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Severe anxiety pregnancy scare
Zaina
Neophyte
Member # 110363

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Zaina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so glad i have found this website. Here is my story, please bare with me. Around 3 months ago (82 days) my boyfriend and i were messing around and all he did was rub his penis on my vagina, there was no penetration or ejaculation. However what scares me is that i don't know if there was pre-cum. Several weeks after that i was due for my period and it was 8 days late, but it came and it was really light (lasted 2-3 days). During the whole time my period was late i was taking many pregnancy tests and they were all negative. I started taking birth control pills for the 2 months after and i got both my withdrawal bleeds on time. I am still taking pregnancy tests up until now ( If i am pregnant i would be 14 weeks pregnant today) all are negative. I still am scared that i might be pregnant and i am having severe anxiety to the point where i pass out several times a week. Do you think i could still be pregnant after all these negative pregnancy tests? i've used almost 6 different brands. Im just worried because my first period after the incident was late and light and i've also been reading online that some women continue having periods throughout pregnancy and that some women do not get positive pregnancy tests until very late in their pregnancy. Some days i feel like my stomach is bigger and some days i don't.
Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zaina
Neophyte
Member # 110363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zaina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please answer if you see this
Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marianthe
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 110734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marianthe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Zaina,

I'm so sorry you are experiencing all this anxiety. [edited - HC]

But it sounds like despite all the clear signs you are not pregnant, you are still having a lot of anxiety which really sucks- I know, I've been there. Is there somewhere- a counselor or doctor- you might feel comfortable getting support for this anxiety?

[ 07-23-2014, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zaina
Neophyte
Member # 110363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zaina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for replying. Perhaps i can talk to a counselor. Is there a possibility that 20+ tests were false negatives? I've read online that some people only get positives late in their pregnancy and that someone continue to have periods. This worries me even more.
Zaina
Neophyte
Member # 110363

Also isnt there a possibility for pregnancy if there genital contact? We were not wearing any clothes and his penis did touch my vagina. But there was no penetration or ejaculation. Im just worried that i could've gotten pregnant from the pre-cum
marianthe
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 110734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marianthe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is extremely extremely unlikely that multiple pregnancy tests would be false negatives, plus you had little risk to begin with. Its also extremely rare to continue to have period-like bleeding into pregnancy.

I really recommend talking with a counselor, because it seems like this has more to do with anxiety than anything else.

[ 07-22-2014, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: marianthe ]

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To fill you in a little more, Zaina: those things you've been reading on the internet about people not getting positive results until very late in a pregnancy?- that's not credible information. People don't always tell the whole story on the internet, for lots of reasons. So, for information about sex, reproduction and pregnancy, we strongly recommend only reading information at credible and factual sites, and not people's anecdotes.

Pregnancy tests work by detecting levels of a particular hormone in the body which is present during pregnancy. In very, very early pregnancy - eg, the first couple of weeks - those hormone levels can be too low to be detected by a test. After that, a test will detect the hormone levels and give a positive result, so long as the person using the test is following the instructions on the test. We have more information in Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

Also, for the future, direct genital-to-genital contact does present STI transmission and pregnancy risks, so we recommend using a condom for all genital-to-genital contact.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.