Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » help please!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help please!!!!!!!!
bluewall123
Neophyte
Member # 110833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluewall123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I just had a question. So my girlfriend and I were having sex today for the second time today (I had urinated in between as well as washed my hands. However it was a few hours apart) anyway, I started to lose my erection and we decided that we should try putting it in without a condom (bad idea I know). I took off the condom and spent a few minutes drying off my penis of any precum before putting it in and after I put it in just a few times without precumming even more. We did put on another condom after and resume sex but now she is scared that she could get pregnant. I am not as worried but I just wanted some clarification to the situation and the likelihood of a pregnancy in this situation so I could ease her mind a bit. Thank you

Posts: 2 | From: NY | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards, bluewall.

Unprotected intercourse, like you had, does pose risks of pregnancy and STI transmission. If you didn't ejaculate inside or on her genitals, the risk of pregnancy is lower, as that means you used withdrawal as a method of contraception. Our information on withdrawal is: Withdrawal

If she's not using any other form of contraception and she doesn't feel good about the risk she had, she has the option of using emergency contraception. EC is very effective, especially within the first 24 hours, and would reduce her risk of becoming pregnant.

Condoms are very effective at preventing pregnancy and lowering the risk of STI transmission, but only when they're used for all genital-to-genital contact. You'll also both want to make sure you keep up-to-date with your STI testing, or to start getting that healthcare if you haven't already, as unprotected intercourse poses high risks of STI transmission.

Do you need any help or information about how to access that healthcare or EC, and would you like to talk about how you can reduce both of your risks in the future?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluewall123
Neophyte
Member # 110833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluewall123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the reply! But I was also wondering how likely you think her being pregnant is. She will probably take the pill but still.
Posts: 2 | From: NY | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, she would not be pregnant yet anyway, because becoming pregnant is a process that takes anywhere between 5 days and two weeks.

We can't know the likelihood for one particular instance. However, you can see the effectiveness rates for withdrawal in the information I linked you to. Over one year of perfect use - that is, withdrawing well before any ejaculation - 4 out of 100 people become pregnant. In one year of typical use, 18 - 27 out of 100 people become pregnant. As that piece also makes clear, it's likely that withdrawal is less effective for younger people than it is for the general population. For people who don't want to become pregnant or co-create a pregnancy, we recommend using a more effective method, like consistent condom usage.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.