Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Could I be pregnant??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I be pregnant??
Kacie Shelby
Neophyte
Member # 110188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kacie Shelby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. So, I'm terrified I could be pregnant. In early December, I was raped. I had a December period, and January for sure. I had one February 28 through early march. Idk if that was my Feb or march one. Idk if I miscounted or got confused or what. That was my last one and I'm usually not irregular. I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and said no. I'm planning on taking another. Soon. Opinions?? ):

--------------------
Kshelby

Posts: 2 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kacie!

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. You're going through a lot.

It seems certain to me that you are not pregnant, but I'm hearing a lot of anxiety from you around how your rape might effect you, in this case with regards to pregnancy. It's understandable that pregnancy fears could be the ones that come to your mind most immediately, but it would make a lot of sense if this was part of a more general anxiety following your assault.

Do you think some of that might be happening?

You could also have a think about what else (apart from addressing pregnancy fears)might be helpful for you... if anything... I'm sure we can offer advice based on that too.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kacie Shelby
Neophyte
Member # 110188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kacie Shelby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much. I don't think much of my anxiety comes from that though. I believe for the most part I have accepted what has happened at this point. But, I am very scared. I took two more tests yesterday and both say negative. But, I am almost two months without my period.... I would like to take a blood test but I don't have much money and can't use any insurance (if any) in my parents names for obvious reasons. I'm so scared that I really could be pregnant. I would be 3-4 months by now.

--------------------
Kshelby

Posts: 2 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kacie,

I'm glad to hear that you're working through what was done to you in a way that's working out well for you. Again, if there are any support networks/resources you'd like to connect with, we can help you find them.

At this point, with three negative pregnancy tests, you can safely assume that you're not pregnant. It's not unusual for periods to be irregular, or for one to be skipped completely now and then, and that can happen for all sorts of reasons. You may want to give this a read to see what I mean:
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

I will say that if you skip more than two periods, you should check in with your healthcare provider, as there might be other conditions that are causing them to go missing that you need to know about. Also, have you been able to get and STI test since the incident?

I'm also going to give you this article: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

Many of our users who are finding their pregnancy fears hard to shake (even in the face of negative test results) have found that article helpful in terms of suggestions.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.