Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » What are the chances?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are the chances?
scaredteen737
Neophyte
Member # 108654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredteen737     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, I'd like to say that I know that anytime you have sex there is a chance of pregnancy. That being said, my girlfriend and I were having sex last night. I ejaculated earlier than I would have liked to, so I pulled off the condom, and quickly wiped my penis with a towel (I wouldn't say that I thoroughly wiped for ten minutes, but for a solid minute). I then got another condom and placed it on the tip of my penis to roll on. I realized that the condom was on the wrong way and wouldn't roll down, so I flipped it over, rolled it on, and had sex for another ten minutes or so. What are the chances that semen could have made its way onto the new condom while it was on the head of my penis inside out and gotten into my girlfriend when I had sex after flipping it over? I'm kind of worried about this. She is currently PMSing so she should be getting her period within the next week. Any and all help/insight/input is appreciated!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turning a condom over isn't correct use of a condom. If a condom is put on the wrong way, it should be discarded and a new one used.

Because that wasn't correct usage, you and your girlfriend did have a pregnancy risk. It's not as high a risk as if you had ejaculated directly in her, but it is still a risk. Do the two of you, or she, use any other method of contraception? If you do, and you used it correctly, then you're still protected against pregnancy. If you weren't using another method, then your girlfriend should know that she had a pregnancy risk and that she has the option of using emergency contraception if she wants to reduce that risk.

If she wants to use emergency contraception, does she - or you - know how to access it, or do you need any help with that? It's more effective the sooner it's taken.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1443 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredteen737
Neophyte
Member # 108654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredteen737     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She had taken Plan B a few days earlier already.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredteen737
Neophyte
Member # 108654

Are the chances high for pregnancy? I did wipe my penis off before even placing the condom on the head of my penis.
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a high risk situation, but there is some risk, and you and your girlfriend don't have the protection from pregnancy that correct condom usage gives. We can't tell you exactly how much risk you have, because we just can't know that. All we can tell you is that you and your girlfriend do not have the protection from pregnancy that correct condom usage would give you, that there is some pregnancy risk, and if no other form of contraception was used and it is important to avoid pregnancy, we suggest using emergency contraception.

Emergency contraception taken any time before a risk will not protect against that risk at all. It's ok to take emergency contraception more than once in a cycle, although it makes it more likely that the cycle will go wonky.

If your girlfriend took Plan B a few days earlier, it sounds like you or she might not be very confident about preventing pregnancy or about using the method you have correctly. After you've let your girlfriend know that you both had a risk last night and that she can take EC if she wants, would you - or you and she - like any help with thinking about different methods that you're more comfortable with, or with learning how to use your current method better?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1443 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.