Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » COULD I BE PREGNANT?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: COULD I BE PREGNANT?
lizziewilson
Neophyte
Member # 96446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizziewilson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So... I haven't actually had sex, but I heard that semen on a finger can cause pregnancy. My boyfriend fingered me, and even though it was a while after he ejaculated..I'm worried that some cum may have been left on his hands?
This happened 3 weeks ago. Since then, I have done 2 pregnancy tests which were both negative. However I think I did them too early. My period was due on the 28th, but on the 23rd I had bleeding for 5-6 days. It seemed like a normal period, but I was skeptical because it was early. Maybe it was implantation bleeding?
I went to a family planned clinic for another pregnancy test, but the nurse told me that it was impossible for me to be pregnant without having penetrative sex. I'm not sure though...maybe she was wrong? I explained to her, but she said it was too far for the sperm to travel from my vaginal opening to the uterus? I'm so worried and this pregnancy is all I think about. I feel like I have a lot of the symptoms. Heartburn, constipation, sore breats. Please give me advice. I feel so worried but if I go back to the clinic they might tell me to go away again

Posts: 1 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Manual sex (fingering) does not pose a pregnancy risk, as the "Pregnancy Scared?" article here at Scarleteen states. His hand would have to have been dripping with semen in order for there to be a risk. It seems like what you experienced was an early period; which happens often due to things like stress, changes in diet or lifestyle changes, or our body doing random things for no reason.

I doubt what you had was implantation bleeding, as that is usually light spotting that does not last for that long; and it would be highly unlikely to have implantation bleeding around the time of your period. It is very unlikely for a pregnant woman to have bleeding that lasted about as long as a normal period, came around the time of her expected period, and looked and felt like her period. If you took pregnancy tests 3 weeks after the incident, your results are accurate. Try not to worry!

[ 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: copper86 ]

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.