Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Hand Job Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hand Job Pregnancy?
NervousWreck
Neophyte
Member # 95984

Icon 9 posted      Profile for NervousWreck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I gave my boyfriend a hand job today and he ejaculated into a tissue. I'm not sure if i had any ejaculate on my hands and i had touched around my lower abdomen, pelvic area with pants, underwear and a pantyliner on. I'm worried that i might have had some on my hands when touching there and then this could somehow drip down to my vagina and get me pregnant? I know i had my hand on his chest for about 2-5 mins after he came and had touched the bed before touching myself. Am i worrying for nothing? Please help, thank you in advance.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI NervousWreck and welcome to Scarleteen!

Can you take a look at this article that describes what is and is not a pregnancy risk? Then we can talk about any concerns or questions you have. [Smile]

Afraid you might be pregnant? Please read this first.

Pregnancy Scared?

Thanks!

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NervousWreck
Neophyte
Member # 95984

Icon 9 posted      Profile for NervousWreck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robin. I have read the article before but i am still confused as to if this would be considered a risk or not.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy risks are present when there is direct bare penis to bare vulva or vagina contact. Or direct contact between freshly ejaculated semen and a bare vulva (suc as if someone ejaculated directly on the vulva),

It would help me to know what you're confused about so I can address your confusion specifically.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NervousWreck
Neophyte
Member # 95984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NervousWreck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So because there was no direct contact with my bare vulva and the semen, this wouldnt be considered a risk? i had touched my lower abdoman area and i was worried of the semen off my finger possibly making its way down to my vagina.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

NO, it really can't do that. Yes, the semen has to come in direct contact with your bare vulva for it to be considered a pregnancy risk. Semen, and the sperm in it, doesn't transfer from surface to surface. It needs to land where it needs to be right away in order to possibly lead to pregnancy.

--------------------
Robin

NervousWreck
Neophyte
Member # 95984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NervousWreck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thank you so much Robin! [Smile] If you dont mind me asking another question, why is it that sperm cant be transfered from surface to surface? and can it penetrate through clothing? If not, why is that so?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI There,

NO, sperm can't penetrate through clothing.

Basically, sperm need a stable environment in which to do their work. Everything about semen is balanced to allow sperm to do its thing, from the temperature to the viscocity (texture), and lots of other things. The environment of the vagina is also balanced to allow sperm to do its thing. Sper need semen. They're not like, say, germs or bacteria, that can just move about at will attaching to any friendly surface.

This overview of human reproduction might make this a little clearer for you.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

NervousWreck
Neophyte
Member # 95984

If i am understanding right, interfering with the hands would cause the elements to change thus making a lack of a pregnancy risk?
I have read in another post on this site that even if there were small amounts of semen on the fingers before directly entering the vagina, the risk would still be small. I dont quite understand why this is however.

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi NervousWreck! Sperm is a very sensitive, fragile thing, which is why it needs quite a specific environment (the semen it comes in) to survive. This means that the transference from surface to surface -- like your hands -- messes up that environment.

There would have to be a decent sized blob of semen on fingers that then directly touch the vulva for there to be a pregnancy risk -- because the semen is vital, there has to be enough of it for sperm to function properly.

Hope that helps to clarify [Smile]

[ 06-09-2012, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NervousWreck
Neophyte
Member # 95984

Thank you very much Onionpie. [Smile] there definitely wasnt that much on my hand because i couldnt even feel anything at all and even then, i had pants on. [Smile] i think its safe to say im going to be alright!
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem! Glad I could help! If you had pants on between you and any potential semen, you definitely don't have anything to be worried about, especially if there was so little [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, it's safe to say you will be. As we talked about above, sperm doesn't travel through clothes or crawl down skin. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

NervousWreck
Neophyte
Member # 95984

Back again! I just have a quick question about what was said up there, "There would have to be a decent sized blob of semen on fingers that then directly touch the vulva for there to be a pregnancy risk -- because the semen is vital, there has to be enough of it for sperm to function properly." My question is, what would be a decent sized blob of semen?

My reason for asking is about an hour or so after he had ejaculated and tissued off his penis, i was rubbing his penis again. From what i remember about this, it was dry but I'm not entirely sure about that. After this, (about 5 mins) i was itchy down there and scratched with the same hand i touched him with. Before this, i know i had brushed my teeth and used mouthwash but i dont know if that would have taken anything on my hand off before i touched my bare vulva, if there was anything there to begin with! I'm very worried about this, does it sound like there was a risk? [Frown]

Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you're not describing a viable pregnancy risk. We're talking about a substantial amount of semen you'd likely notice (it'd likely be dripping), plus an hour is more than enough time for semen to dry (dry semen = not viable sperm).

That said, touching someone else's genitals and touching your own could still pose an STI risk, so be sure you're getting testing regularly.

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NervousWreck
Neophyte
Member # 95984

If there was a little bit of pre ejaculate there, would that change anything or still no risk?
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

As we've said, there would have to be a significant size blob of semen to present a risk. A little bit of pre-ejaculate is not a significant size blob of semen [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.