Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I am probably being incredibly stupid.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am probably being incredibly stupid.
ParaPetunia
Neophyte
Member # 95078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaPetunia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I have read everything. I have looked at other posts from people who are in similar situations. I have spoken to my friends, to my boyfriend and even to my mum about this. I KNOW full well I have not had a pregnancy risk but I can't stop panicking and still need reassuring, so I'm really sorry for wasting your time a bit here...but, say I had pre-ejaculate on my hand, maybe a drop, and then touched myself through trousers and underwear, would that pose any kind of pregnancy risk?
In fact, I'm not even sure that's what I wanted to ask. I'm more concerned about the fact that I'm ridiculously paranoid about this, even though I've reread the articles on here dozens of times. It's just that I've had quite a bad scare in the past - my mum misunderstood the activity I told her I was worried about and got so angry...my boyfriend lives far away and I'm only 15 so she still has the power to stop me seeing him ever again, which she WOULD do if anything went wrong. It turned out nothing had happened, but I'm now really paranoid. We've stopped doing anything remotely risky and my boyfriend has been so wonderful and patient and supportive about that, but we BOTH want to do SOME things and neither of us are comfortable doing anything that might make me panic again, so really, I need some way to rationalise my thoughts. Sorry, this is kinda long, but I'm going a bit mental here...any suggestions? Thanks if you read this whole thing, I realise I'm being stupid here :S xx

Posts: 32 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you first start by reading through this: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

Thank you!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ParaPetunia
Neophyte
Member # 95078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParaPetunia         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have already read that page and any of the relevant articles in it - I'm probably one of the people mentioned on number 4 - are there any simple ways you can suggest to try and shut the little paranoid voices up? [Smile] Just ways of looking at it to stop me thinking about it, or precautions we could take without my parents thinking we're having sex to ease my mind, or...anything, seriously. Or nothing, too. I realise I'm being a bit vague and irrational :S
Posts: 32 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, do you find that there is any sexual activity you engage in that doesn't result in feeling like this?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ParaPetunia
Neophyte
Member # 95078

Um...usually as long as any...products of his stay inside his trousers, I'm fine, but I find myself panicking if I haven't washed my hands more than once after touching him or I'm not wearing a pad to keep my mind at rest, which I wasn't when the incident I described earlier happened...
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How would it be for the two of you to dial back the intensity even further and concentrate on non-genital contact? It sounds like you have a lot of anxiety around what happens when there is any genital contact, including manual sex or dry humping. As you said, you've read the articlesw over and over again, and we could tell you over and over again, but you already know that having clothes between the two of you is protection, and that a pad isn't necessary.

You could concentrate on making sure you always wear a pad, for your own peace of mind, but it sounds to me as if to make things really safe and comfortable you might consider, at least for now, doing other things.

What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ParaPetunia
Neophyte
Member # 95078

I see your reasoning and that is a very good idea but it's just that we're teenagers, and soon we'll be getting to the age where we can legally do even more things, and it's not that my boyfriend would force me to, or even tell me he wasn't happy with waiting, but I worry that maybe he'd be a little bit disappointed, particularly as we've done more sexual things in the past, and I'd like to be able to do things WITHOUT panicking as much, because I'm a bit scared that if I worry about this, I'll NEVER be able to actually have sex without having a massive panic attack. I feel a bit like I'm only going to get over it if I can not panic about the things I don't need to panic about :S If that made any sense at all [Smile] Really sorry, I feel like I'm wasting your time here but I don't really know where else I can turn :S
ParaPetunia
Neophyte
Member # 95078

Just...also, because it helps me calm down if I hear it clearly from someone, is there absolutely definitely no risk AT ALL of sperm travelling through clothing? Even if the two layers were slightly damp? Sorry, again..
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really really can't. Dampness has nothing to do with it. Sperm needs it's own special conditions, and clothing, damp or no, don't fall anywhere within sperm's requirements.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.