Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy Or No Pregnancy (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Pregnancy Or No Pregnancy
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you able to book several appointments in advance or can you only book them one at a time? I'm familiar with the medical system where you are, but can't remember how that part of it works.

How do you think it would be if you could get to see him regularly, but not every week?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm unsure if I can or can't book appointments like that. I've never tried. But I do have to go to the hospital Monday after my co-op placement to pick up papers for blood work for this one doctor, because I'm diabetic. Anyways,I will go to the floor of the hospital and make one and ask if it's possible to do that.

If I have an appointment twice a month with him I'm fine with that, just once a month kinda is a bit hard to keep track on what I said last and to continue on with it.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a good plan. If you could schedule even a couple of appointments out you could get in to see him regularly.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Alergnon, just wanted to send you some support and say that we're all thinking of you when you call up the clinic today.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I hope once I get there to pick up my blood work papers for this doctor, which I have to skip school in order to make time for anything now. Eh, whatever... my classes can wait and today I am seeing a nurse at the school to do some testing for pregnancy and some sti for me. I may talk to the school guidance counselor and see if I can talk the school sycologist only way I can talk to him if I have no one I can talk to... But the room isn't that private, people can hear you and if not yourself the sycolgist. It makes me a bit angry about it. I have no time to see a counselor outside school, because time I get done with my co-op it's 4pm and places close at 5... so if I do decide to do counseling it has to be right in the morning, considering it's like an hour. I hope everything works out. I hope I don't fail and I hope no one asks me where I have been, Haven't been at school since last Tuesday, Math is gunna kill me. Life is so down right messed sometimes. Well, I'll try to answer as soon as I get back and that would be either 6pm or 7pm EST. Well, I'll post again and let you know how things went with the nurse and me calling my doctor, and seeing if I can book ahead appointments for my pysh doctor. To really think of it... I have no time to call anyone today. It's so ridicules, only time I am free is when I wake up at 7am and leave after 7:40... like no office is open then.I'll figure something else out... I am determined to make these calls and get this all done.
Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alergnon, I'm going to be out from direct services most of the day today. Have had a cold/flu for several days now that just will not let up.

Sounds like you're exploring two different avenues for counseling right now -- talking to the counselor at a school, talking to the psychiatrist you see for your meds. While you're doing that, I'd also ask wither or both about you apparently not qualifying for ongoing counseling because of having no history to support a need for it. You having been admitted to the hospital with a suicide attempt and your sexual/romantic history paired with your mood disorder should more than qualify you. Getting one or both of their takes on that would be helpful.

When I'm back round in the next couple of days, we can pick up with that list around dating and sexual interactions if you want to. I think, at the very least, getting away from and avoiding new things in your life to create more problems or keep you stuck is something you can do that will help a great deal and can be done while you try and seek out counseling or even without it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Hey Heather I hope you feel better soon.

So, I was able to leave my co-op placement early and I went to the Canadian Mental Health and I told them what I was looking for and if was possible to talk to someone about it. Well, from the conversation she asked me who was my family doctor and I told her... she then told me that Rapids Family Health Team... they have a physiologist that is covered by my health card O.H.I.P so tomorrow I am calling them to make an appointment with my doctor to ask her if she can refer me to the physiologist. I honestly, had no idea they had one where I lived that was covered by O.H.I.P I go back to the lady I talked to from the Canadian Mental Health in 2-3 weeks. She also told me they don't offer counseling they offer case management. But she said that there is depression/anxiety one on one or group work they can do. It's basically you go there have a goal and you talk about how you can achieve that goal. That is what the offer...

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

It sounds like you have some options; glad to hear it.

Just curious. You mentioned the physiologist. Did you by chance mean psychologist? Word auto-correct can do strange things some time.

Again, really glad to hear that you were able to establish some more avenues to explore. That kind of goal-oriented work can be really helpful too.

--------------------
Robin

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Yea sorry auto change spelling did that, didn't realize hehe. Yes, psychologist.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's fantastic!

I actually think, based on my interaction with you so far, that you'd probably like that kind of goal-oriented work better than more classical therapy, at this point in time, anyway. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

WOW, what a day it has been for me and it hasn't even ended yet. Well, tomorrow is going to be so much more busier I don't think I'll even get home till like 9:30pm and leaving home at 7:30am... So excited. I have so much things to do this morning I couldn't be at at school, and at my co-op placement I did so much stuff, I helped the store manager put up things for St. Pats day. Then after my co-op I took a 5 min walk to my doctor and asked if I could make an appointment and I told them what it was for. Then she told she is going to see my my doctor can just refer me without seeing me. Then I went to a friends house for a few hours. [Smile]

I hope I get a call soon from the psychologist with an appointment I asked if there was a wait list and she said there wasn't. I hope everything goes well.

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Oh, I wanted to say the test came back negative not sure if I said something earlier or not. [Smile] My X doesn't understand why I'm not pregnant, he sent me a message on facebook, asking me... we're not talking like having conversations or anything.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.