Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Very paranoid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very paranoid
paranoid12311
Neophyte
Member # 94528

Icon 4 posted      Profile for paranoid12311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Feb 3rd, me and my boyfriend had dry sex, but it didn't last long. I was naked on the bottom, however my boyfriend was clothed with underwear and shorts. The shorts are those breathable kind, like the ones with smalls holes. He didn't ejaculate, but I'm paranoid that his precum may have seeped through. He claims that he rarely precums. What I'm asking is, would there be any pregnancy risk?

I know the chances are impossible since I have been reading posts after posts on the topic 'dry sex' to ease my mind on this, but it's not working. Could you please reassure me?

[ 02-08-2012, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: paranoid12311 ]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello [Smile] There's no pregnancy risk from this situation because there was no direct genital contact between you both or any fresh ejaculate on your vulva. Any clothing barrier is enough to protect you.

More info:
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paranoid12311
Neophyte
Member # 94528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paranoid12311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so, so much!

I have another question, if you don't mind. Recently my pelvis area has been feeling this dull pain, or maybe I shouldn't generalize it as a pain, but it's a discomfort I feel. I'm expecting my period in 4-7 days, do you think this discomfort has anything to do with my period? My stomach has been feeling bloated, with additional of mood swings also. Possibly some food craving here and there.

Could all these symptoms be related to an upcoming period, and the pain from what you call a "middle pain"?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some women do experience mild abdominal and pelvic discomfort, bloating and mood changes before periods (called premenstrual symptoms). If it's something that's really bothering you or you're having severe pains, it would be best to check in with your doctor.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paranoid12311
Neophyte
Member # 94528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paranoid12311     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently I have been waiting for my period to arrive. I'm experiencing many symptoms of an upcoming period, however I'm curious about one thing. Does vaginal discharge happen to decrease or stop when my period is right around the corner?
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

While vaginal discharge can vary a lot between different women, it wouldn't necessarily decrease at that time. Before your period, you may have a thicker, whiter discharge though as it is a less fertile part of your cycle.

--------------------

Audre Lorde

paranoid12311
Neophyte
Member # 94528

I really want my period to come so it would put me at ease about the whole non-realistic risk of pregnant, and I think that's really stressing me which could possibly delay my period. However, I could also be just expecting it to arrive a little too early.

Do you know why I could be experiencing a week or a week and a half early of period symptoms when it's not due until the 15th of Feb?

eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Sometimes we can be extra aware of our usual bodily changes like bloating when we are stressed or worried about missing a period. As you haven't had a pregnancy risk here, please do try not to worry about it.

--------------------

Audre Lorde

paranoid12311
Neophyte
Member # 94528

I was just wondering would the cervix be low and hard before an expecting period?

I really hate the situation I'm in right now.. I know that I have nothing to worry about, yet I'm doing nothing but worrying. I keep thinking about the 'what ifs,' and it makes me even more paranoid about the fact.

eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

It's pretty difficult to tell changes like that in your cervix unless your cervical position is something that you're checking every day. I'd expect it to feel 'low' anytime that you're not sexually aroused. I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling worried. What usually helps to distract you at times like these?

You may also find this thread helpful, where other users are talking about dealing with worries around potential pregnancy:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/9/t/001131/p/1.html

--------------------

Audre Lorde

paranoid12311
Neophyte
Member # 94528

Hi, I just wanted to tell you that my period arrived yesterday! All my anxiousness is flowing out of me just like my period, haha.

Thanks for your help during my time of need! I really, really appreciate it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.