Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » i need answers asap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i need answers asap
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Icon 5 posted      Profile for all090092     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so im a bit freaked. Me and my boyfriend were playing around and i had my period and a tampon in. He proceeded to dry hump me and we both had basketball shorts on and underwear. After he dry humped me the bottom of my shorts were wet and the upper to middle part of my thigh was a little wet and it was precum. Is there any chance i could be pregnant as i said im on my period and had a tampon in and clothes on and i felt my underwear after and it wasnt wet. HELP
Posts: 32 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. There's no chance that what you and your boyfriend did could lead to pregnancy.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for all090092     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info, i just have anxiety and i worry. Could you give details about why there is no chance?
Posts: 32 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course. There's no risk because semen did not come in direct contact with your vulva. Sperm can't walk from one place to another, so the fact that there was precum on your leg and shorts isn't a concern at all. Pregnancy risks happen when there is direct genital-to-genital contact (with no clothes in between).

These articles go into greater detail about what is and is not a pregnancy risk.

Pregnancy Scared?

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/misconception_mayhem_separating_pregnancy_and_pregnancy_risk_myths_from_facts

[ 01-22-2012, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: KatWA ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for all090092     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thank you so much. So i should stop worrying?
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can stop worrying completely. Sperm cells cannot travel through clothing; no matter how much vaginal fluid there was, or where you were in your menstrual cycle.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Is there any way i can try and calm myself down?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Sounds like even though the facts make sense, you're still feeling physically and mentally anxious.

Sometimes when we get anxious our bodies get revved up and things don't calm down even though we know that there's nothing to be anxious about anymore. What do you usually do when you feel anxious?

Some people find one or all of these things helpful: taking slow deep breaths, taking a brisk walk, engaging in activities that occupy the mind (like reading a book or playing a game)... Basically anything that refocusses the mind or helps the bodyget rid of excess adrenaline that is made when we get anxious.

--------------------
Robin

all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

I usually do stuff to take my mind off it. And my next period isnt for another 3 to 4 weeks and idk how to distract my mind for thh long.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as we've said there's no risk at all - but if you'd like more reassurance than us, you can wait until it's been two weeks since the sex (the dry humping) to take a pregnancy test. Seeing a negative test result might help you feel a little calmer as well as the distractions.

--------------------

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Okay..thank you so much and you're a 100% sure i am not pregnant? You guys are amazing btw.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

100%. [Smile] And thank you!

--------------------

all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

You're very welcome [Smile]
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Oh and where do you guys get all your info? Its all legit right?
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

How common is it to get ur period and still be pregnant?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Not common at all!!!!

The first sign almost all women have that they're pregnant is a missed period.

--------------------
Robin

all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Okay and is it usually a light period like spotting if they do get there period.
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

And i talked to my mom about what happened and if there is a risk and she said shes almost a 100% sure im not....but she said women in my fam are very fertile is that heriditary? so i could be very fertile too?
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

And i talked to my mom about what happened and if there is a risk and she said shes almost a 100% sure im not....but she said women in my fam are very fertile is that heriditary? so i could be very fertile too?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Let's go back to what happened here, okay? There is no risk from what you did. The area that you felt was wet was your leg and your clothing, not your vulva. Sperm do not walk up legs, or through clothing.

So, talking about your fertility, or whether your period could happen even if you were pregnant, well, both of those are moot points in this case.

Did you have a chance to read the Pregnancy Scared? article that we shared with you?

What do you think about getting a home pregnancy test? I'm not at all implying by this suggestion that you're pregnant, only that seeing a negative result on a test might help you feel less anxious about this.

I'm also wondering, considering that this has made you very anxious, would you like to talk about how you can choose sexual activities to do with your boyfriend that won't lead you to feel nervous and anxious afterwards?

--------------------
Robin

all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Yeah i woukd like to talk about that. Because we decided to stop completly doing anything sexual. And yes i did read the article but if were being honest the week before there was direct contact and the shaft of his penis touched my vagina for a bit like 30 seconds and i was scared i was prego but i got my period just on time so thts why i was wondering about the having your period and still being pregnant. My mom also suggested that if i want to do anything else so i dnt get scared that i go on birth control...but i reallly dont want to gain weight about a year ago i had an eating disorder but got help and gaining weight would not help the situation...sorry i typed a lot. [Frown]
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

But the precum on my leg happened on my period. And the direct contact happened about 5 days before my period
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, it is true that contact between bare genitals is a pregnancy risk. However, if you got your period after the direct contact, that means you're not pregnant. The precum on your leg during your period is not even an issue. It wouldn't matter where you were on your cycle, that kind of contact just can't cause pregnancy.

What do you think about getting a pregnancy test so you can see the negative result for yourself? I can tell that you're very anxious, and having us repeatedly tell you that your period arriving is an indication of no pregnancy, and that precum on your leg is not a pregnancy risk, doesn't seem to be reassuring to you.

Can I tell you how happy it makes me that your Mom is so supportive and open with you? [Smile]

Birth control is an option, certainly. Not all forms of birth control cause weight gain. There are many different brands of birth control pill, for example, so if you had side effects (of any kind) on one, your doctor could prescribe another for you.

So you and your boyfriend have stopped doing all sexual things? How is that working for the two of you? There are still lots of physical things you can do together. What kind of contact would make you the most comfortable? What do you enjoy doing that doesn't make you worry about pregnancy risks, especially given the article we shared with you?

--------------------
Robin

all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

I read the article it did help but i honeslty dont know what i would be comfortable with at this point do you have any suggestions or ahould we stick with not doing anything for a while. And when could i get a test and the reading be accurate?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In terms of engaging in any kind of sex or not, what do YOU think you'd feel best about?

Per taking a pregnancy test, what you want to do is wait until -- and if -- your next period is late or missed OR until it's been at least two weeks since this contact, whichever comes first. Either of those times are the earliest you can take a test and get accurate results.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
all090092
Neophyte
Member # 93921

Okay thanks and are any tests better then others?o
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Anything you get from the drugstore is reliable.

--------------------
Robin

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.