Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Another "Pregnacy?" Thread

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another "Pregnacy?" Thread
FiestyLittleMiss
Neophyte
Member # 84478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FiestyLittleMiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm rather ashamed of myself for having to post here, but here's the situation:

The boyfriend and I were making out about a week and a half ago. I ended up with nothing on, he in his boxers. We were grinding. From what I could tell there was no wetness from him, he didn't finish, etc. Still, I'm worried about pre-ejaculate, as I'm not on birth control currently. (I am currently researching and saving up for a IUD. I won't take hormones.)

Any pregnancy possibility from this? Or from grinding when both parties have underwear on? (As I've insisted on, after that little scare.) I've read so many "yes" and "no" stories I can hardly keep my facts straight.

I look at my lower abdomen and it looks like I've put on a couple of pounds, and I have in fact put on a couple of pounds (could just be because of a recent diet/exercise/stress change), but I don't have any other "symptoms." My period is due around the 6th.

I refuse to go "all the way," and he refuses to do so without protection, so full intercourse is not a concern.

I appreciate any feedback.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't feel ashamed.

When people have clothing on, there are not likely to be any pregnancy risks. In the case it's one thin layer and it gets literally sodden with semen, that's a maybe, but even then, it's an awfully slim one. Seems pretty clear that's a non-issue here, so I don't see a cause for concern about pregnancy. (Just don't forget that STIs are a risk, too, so if you two ever do anything like oral sex, you'll want to talk about safer sex, okay?)

But it sounds like you sure feel scared, so maybe moving forward, how about both people keep their undergarments on?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiestyLittleMiss
Neophyte
Member # 84478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FiestyLittleMiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much for the reply. My nerves definitely thank you too for the reassurance. [Smile]

We are both pretty cautious about the entire thing, so communication is no problem at all. I don't feel as if STDs will be an issue (as neither of us have much of a sexual past). Still, anything I should be watching out for in that respect?

And yup, underwear definitely stays on now.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain Girl
Activist
Member # 60279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to what Heather said, pregnancy weight gain just doesn't happen that fast.
Posts: 129 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FiestyLittleMiss
Neophyte
Member # 84478

That's also fantastic to hear. (I wasn't sure since I'm kinda of a tiny gal and my mom showed early, even with her extra weight.) Looks like I just need to get back on top of exercising then, haha.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.