Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I'm kind of concerned.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm kind of concerned.
luanne
Activist
Member # 48638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is another "could I be pregnant" post that comes up so often here, and I'm sorry about that. This month my boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend) and I slept together and the condom slipped off, I think because he ejaculated twice into it, not knowing he wasn't supposed to.

Four days later (the 15th), I started spotting and worried it was implantation bleeding. My period wasn't supposed to come until the 22nd and it's always been very predictable and regular. But this bleeding turned out to be too heavy and painful to be anything but a period. It stopped around the 19th. I started again a day later, but this time, it was very very light bleeding which lasted for 2 days and then stopped. I got away with wearing just those wafer-thin pantyliner things. The whole experience was just weird.

I felt fine for a while. Now, though, for the last two days, things have been really out of whack. Sometimes I feel really awesome and ambitious. Then I'll get anxious and sad and not want to do anything. My sleeping patterns are all messed up- like today, I slept until 5 and I'm already starting to feel tired again. Some foods I can't get enough of, while some foods that I usually love taste like crap to me. My head just feels... funny. I'm slightly nauseous in the evenings. I complained to my mom, and she was like, "If I didn't know better, I'd say it sounds like you're pregnant!" And then we pretended to have a jolly good laugh because it was SUCH a ridiculous notion. But it's not.

So I've been brooding about it. And I'm worried that his sperm went up there and just chilled in a Fallopian tube for a few days, looking for an egg. In the meantime, I had my period. Then the sperm- which can live for a week or something, yeah?- met an egg and the little fertilized egg travelled down and implanted itself.

And I know what a long shot that is if it's even physically possible. And I'd probably feel more relaxed if a person with some expertise told me how unlikely it is.

--------------------
♥♥♥

Posts: 69 | From: America | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've had a period since the last time you had sex - and it sounds like you did - you do not need to be worried about a pregnancy.

The uterine lining thickens over the course of your cycle in expectation of a fertilized egg. If no pregnancy is created, that extra lining is shed, and that's what you see when you have your period.

If you're still worried, though, you can take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scozta
Neophyte
Member # 81091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scozta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
September is right. Of course there are cases of a women having her period while pregnant, I know my mother did, but it sounds like with the heavy bleeding it would have shed the lining enough to get rid of any fertilized eggs. Like September said take a test when your next period should be if it looks like it will be missed.

--------------------
"They say when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. Make it worth watching."

Posts: 8 | From: Montana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clarify, it is not possible to have a period during pregnancy. A period is the shedding of the uterine lining, which is needed to maintain a pregnancy, so while some women may have some bleeding while they're pregnant, that is not a period and often doesn't resemble a period.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.